REAL Ohio Divers...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The real question for you Penny is...DID YOU GET YOUR OWN COMPASS?? :D

Since this was posted in the GLWC forum I will post to the original question. Taking the dry suit class this weekend so I might be up to a cold water dive. There also might be a ice dive at Blue Springs.

everdeeper:
Not meaning to turn this into a debate... just trying to assess the viability a "future" buddy. :D
I understand what you are saying, and you are right about diving with a buddy as a second brain. I just have a problem if that second brain kills me. I guess in order to cave dive with somoeone, you need to be comfortable with their skills. Sounds to me like you are a confident diver and have been in the water for a long time. Any Gilboa dives planned for you in the near future so we can meet and continue this "assessment" in the water?

Second brains can indeed kill... so they, like equipment, must be chosen and vetted properly!

I'm considering Gilboa this weekend. Maybe checkout a pumpkin carving or two.... kinda got spoiled watching the last one I was in though because the viz was as good at the end as it was when it started.

Let me know next time you're in the area.

Where are you located?

regards, bob

crpntr133:
The real question for you Penny is...DID YOU GET YOUR OWN COMPASS?? :D

Since this was posted in the GLWC forum I will post to the original question. Taking the dry suit class this weekend so I might be up to a cold water dive. There also might be a ice dive at Blue Springs.
Nope, no compass!!!!

Can I lead???? :blinking:

wb416:
If you drove all the way from Kansas back to Ohio to brave a January dive, far be it from me to say I wouldn't dive with you!

What made you change your mind and decide to dive with me? Was the water too warm the last time we were at Gilboa?? :D [i'm kidding... that was a joke!]

regards,
bob

One could say there was a change that was brought about. You know when you click the claymore switch and say "I see the light" :D . It's always good to come back to where you once started and dive it again.
Plus got some new Polar Tec Fleece I wanna try out.
When is the water ever warm at Gilboa?????

Squalus:
One could say there was a change that was brought about. You know when you click the claymore switch and say "I see the light" :D .
Yep... I remember those days... was also a 12B so I got to see (and cause) some really cool explosions.

Squalus:
It's always good to come back to where you once started and dive it again.
Plus got some new Polar Tec Fleece I wanna try out.
When is the water ever warm at Gilboa?????
Good point.... unless you stay above 30ft.

wb416:
Second brains can indeed kill... so they, like equipment, must be chosen and vetted properly!

I'm considering Gilboa this weekend. Maybe checkout a pumpkin carving or two.... kinda got spoiled watching the last one I was in though because the viz was as good at the end as it was when it started.

Let me know next time you're in the area.

Where are you located?

regards, bob
Bob, I am from Delaware. About a hours drive to Gilboa. I may be able to get away on Saturday to come up and dive. Sundays are generally better for me. Travis

Plus the only diving I am doing about now is in the bath tub. That is soon to change as soon as the guy from MWR gets back to me about helping with classes on post. I do miss the cold waters of Gilboa.

Above 30'!! :11: Might as well stay at home and dive in the bath tub.

crpntr133:
Above 30'!! :11: Might as well stay at home and dive in the bath tub.
I seem to remember some immensely enjoyable shallow dives at Joe's!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom