really diving naked

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, for some it is traditional to do the 100th dive naked. Most tend to opt for the night dives though - chickens!

Recently had a guy from South Africa travel all the way to Phuket to get away from doing his 100th with his dive club there, only to walk into our dive club and find that we ex pat S.A.'s also practice this tradition. At least the water is warmer here.

Ahh naked diving in Scottish waters, never going to take off. if your a guy there is the shrinkage effect that is going to do nothng for your rep with the girlies. Then of course there is the less serious side of hypothermia and dying, lol.

You see my avatar? Well, I did not keep the speedo really long...
Diving naked is the best diving, you really feel the water and the bouyancy so much easyer to control without any wetsuit making you buoyant at the surface and not anymore at depth. As you can see I don't have BCD and almost no weight (more pictures -all with speedo- on my blog), this is really wonderfull diving, try if you can, but be aware that you have no protection against bite, so know before you do it if there are dangerous stuff where you do it.
If you are shy, try with the speedo, less nice than with, but much more than with any wetsuit.

mirrocraft:
wow i thought i would have gotten alot of people mad or gotten alot of stupid comments i thank everyone for being so serius because i was when i asked my question i am hearing this is commen and im thinking in the near warm future im going to talk me wife in to doing this with me \

You will look 33 1/3% larger under water and I'm sure this will impress your wife. But remember that you will also look a third larger to the barracuda!

OK, children, we need not belabor the "shrinkage" issue.

An honest question, honest answers, please.

The Kraken

The DM intern/trainees here tradition is for them to do the dive naked. One did this year. Scared the **** out of passing try-divers though :)

As a novelty I could understand why someone would want to dive nekk'd. However, in the long term I see the negatives first and foremost:

* Greater area exposed to sun and biting/poking/stinging critters
* Abrasion and cuts from gear
* More gear adjusting - example: a HOG setup with crotch strap
* aesthetics of flaccid flesh moving in water

In the end, if I were to go naked I would opt to let my wares breathe in a more benign environment.

BTW...after finishing a cave dive in Fla. I was asked by onlookers to visit a nudist camp nearby.

I've seen fish try to eat danglies before, from the hair on my legs to fingers. My luck, if I were to dive nekkid, I would feed a fish something very important to me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom