• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Recommend me a travel BC for advanced diver

Discussion in 'Advanced Scuba Discussions' started by Bigeclipse, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Bigeclipse

Bigeclipse Barracuda

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    In warm water diving with a 3mm I need 18lbs for shark tooth diving to keep me down in shallower water. If not wearing a 3mm then I need about 14lbs negative. Typically I wear a 5lb steal plate and a 6lb weighted sta with 6lbs lead on a belt.

2. ReadyDiverOne

ReadyDiverOne ScubaBoard Sponsor ScubaBoard Sponsor

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Absolutely love my Zeagle Covert. Light as you can get but tough and durable mine now has 150+ dives on it and no issues. New version is a little heavier but also looks good. One change I made to my original was to add an extra tank band. Highly highly recommend the Covert.

3. Jcp2

Jcp2 Literally virtually diving

4. skyperbon

skyperbon Angel Fish

# of Dives: 0 - 24
    You can always give the Aqualung Outlaw a try. Light as a feather and packs down to nothing. Have the optional weight pockets to carry the soft weights.

5. rongoodman

rongoodman ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

I've taken my Halcyon Eclipse with SS plate all over the world without issue. I"m traveling to dive, so I take the gear I want to dive with.

peocro and Mr. Sunday like this.
  6. AdivingBel

AdivingBel Diver ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    I dive an ET with zip touch pockets (I picked up the pockets on ebay). Several of the group I sometimes travel with (very experienced warm water, rec divers) dive Scubapro Litehawks. They are nice rigs.

7. Marie13

Marie13 Great Lakes Mermaid ScubaBoard Supporter

8. diversteve

diversteve always tired Rest in Peace ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
    There's Zeagle's Express Tech Deluxe which is more modular than the Covert. Also costs about $200 mire and is over 1lb. heavier b/c it has their Ziptouch system for mounting accessories. I believe it also has steel d-rings and is 1000denier fabric,

It's a soft back plale design. Don't buy their pockets though, they're pricey. Get them from Dive Gear Express.

I don't own one but have looked at one since it will easily fit in a carry-on with room left over.

EdC likes this.
  9. delacrue96

delacrue96 Scuba Chixs Member

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    What about the Aqualung Rogue with integrated weights in the waist band assembly? I bought two of them for my boys. The whole thing can be configured, shoulder, back and waist.

10. Zef

Zef Divemaster

Why not add dive-rite quick ditchable weight pockets to the waistbelt of a BP/W harness? That covers you for hard or soft weights: Dive Rite Quick Buckle Weight System | Dive Gear Express®

dr-ac32xx_2.jpg

-Z

rongoodman likes this.