Question Reconfigure hoses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
New diver here. I have bought a Atomic setup with M1 first & second stage, the hose is connected to the top port of the first stage and that doesnt work for me so want it moved to a side port, is this something i can do myself or do i have to have my local diveshop do it?

I have bought a Atomic setup with M1 first & second stage, the hose is connected to the top port of the first stage and that doesnt work for me

Why it doesn't?

That’s something you can easily do yourself. Just don’t overtighten, just a snug is all it needs.
Make sure the O-ring is in good shape with no grit or grime on it. You can squeeze the sides and roll it off, then clean it up with a little cloth and re-lude a little with some silicone. You can buy a little plastic canister of lube at your LDS and keep it in your save a dive kit.
All divers should have the know-how and confidence to swap around hoses, that’s about as basic as it gets.

New diver here. I have bought a Atomic setup with M1 first & second stage, the hose is connected to the top port of the first stage and that doesnt work for me so want it moved to a side port, is this something i can do myself or do i have to have my local diveshop do it?
As @Eric Sedletzky said. Swapping a hose isn't rocket surgery, and the maintenance manuals that do specify a torque usually have a very low torque spec... Really just making sure it won't back out on it's own.

Because he wants to use it with the turret up for some reason.

This is an assumption, his op doesn't state what the issue is actually. If we know more about his issue, we can give a better solution.

Something to keep in mind, as implied in a couple of earlier posts, is that what you are referring to as the top can also be the bottom. If you want to use a longer hose for your primary regulator, that port pointing down is the optimal position for it. If you are using a traditional set up, then switching the hose around is pretty easy, as mentioned above.
Hope that helps,
Ha det bra,

Erik

This is an assumption, his op doesn't state what the issue is actually. If we know more about his issue, we can give a better solution.
He called it the top

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom