Red Sea (Egypt) closed (covid-19 confined)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@P-Dog That sounds way better. With more predicable travel next spring, I think less travel stress, uncertainties and frustration will lead to a much more enjoyable scuba experience.

@JustSurfaceInterval Man... I was planning for Orca Soma Bay next year and thought to use my Sheraton points, but now you are the third person essentially saying "If scuba, stay at Breakers!!". Damn :)

Sheraton is fine, but it’s too far of a walk in the heat imo...although they will shuttle you to the diveshop, but I’d save the points and stay onsite at breakers.

‘I have had zero success finding Red Sea departure on AUG 8th FYI...padi travel page etc is basically ‘Pinocchio’s resume’ at the moment...

Sheraton is fine, but it’s too far of a walk in the heat imo...although they will shuttle you to the diveshop, but I’d save the points and stay onsite at breakers.

‘I have had zero success finding Red Sea departure on AUG 8th FYI...padi travel page etc is basically ‘Pinocchio’s resume’ at the moment...

Anything out of Sharm? Off the top of my head weren't there a couple of Snefro boats that, potentially, could go on the 8th?

What did the Tillis say?

We were suppose to go out on a Snefro boat on 8 Aug, but cancelled due to the CV. However, they ere ready to go with reduced phase capacity.

look here : Calendar - United Divers Egypt Safaga

We were suppose to go out on a Snefro boat on 8 Aug, but cancelled due to the CV. However, they ere ready to go with reduced phase capacity.
I think snefro sail from sharm...which would kill my 15th boat from hurgh, but I haven’t paid deposits yet, so maybe I just do 2 from sharm.....I’m looking now....

orca at the breakers is open as well (although the hotel isn’t) so I could just spend a week at the breakers but sleep at the kempinski :)

I'm in Sharm, no plans to go on a boat (family holiday) but things are pretty much up and running, just did a shore dive today. The PCR COVID test (maximum 3 days old) is NOT required upon landing in Red Sea resorts (Sharm. Hurghada, Marsa) BUT it is required if you land in Cairo and change plane there or proceed by car/bus.

Btw, the topic title is outdated now, perhaps a change would be a good idea :)

[...] BUT it is required if you land in Cairo and change plane there or proceed by car/bus. [...]
Not sure, i may get it wrong, but to my knowledge you have a 6 hours transit allowance in Cairo where you will not need a negative test.
It is correct that if you want to leave the 3 Governates Sharm, Red Sea, Marsa Matrouh (!), you will need this negative test. That's particulary anoying if you are scheduled for a Nile Cruise or want to visit Luxor.

I'm in Sharm, no plans to go on a boat (family holiday) but things are pretty much up and running, just did a shore dive today. The PCR COVID test (maximum 3 days old) is NOT required upon landing in Red Sea resorts (Sharm. Hurghada, Marsa) BUT it is required if you land in Cairo and change plane there or proceed by car/bus.

Btw, the topic title is outdated now, perhaps a change would be a good idea :)

hmmm.. that's a good bit of info, particularly as i am due to transit through cairo to hurghadha in 3 weeks... i'm thinking it's unlikely that i'm going to be able to get a test in time for the return leg...

Question though...is the test dependent on your country of origin flying into Cairo?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom