redundant air at less than 30'?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do as you wish, but if you screw up and die the rest of us will have to deal with the mess you made.

So if the rest of us have to deal with the mess made by solo divers who actually have tragic ends, does that mean no solo divers have had tragic ends since I have had no messes to deal with? :idk:

Meister481,

You said:

.... No offense intended..

And then in the next breath:

.... How about the cliff notes version? Do as you wish, but if you screw up and die the rest of us will have to deal with the mess you made...

That was offensive, dude. :no:

Bulletin board or not, totally uncalled for. And completely out in left field if you read DCBC's post.

And of the folks responding in this thread, I'd rate myself as probably the least remarkable, and DCBC as among the most remarkable, and probably the very least likely to screw up :wink:

Step away from the keyboard, drink a little less coffee, no personal attacks.

And Best Wishes :wink:

Last edited:
"redundant air at less than 30'?"

Assuming you are doing this for fun, it is prudent to be comfortable doing a "blow & go" from any no-decom depth you enjoy being at. Practice will make your dives less stressful and a you into a safer diver. It is hard to have fun if you have to worry about surviving equipment malfunctions or getting too distracted to check a pressure gauge. After all, being engrossed by the experience is the whole point.

Plan every dive as if it was a solo, regardless who you happen to enter the ocean with. That way, you will never be separated from the person who can save your butt, regardless of current, visibility, or errors in judgment.

There comes a point where more safety equipment increases complexity to the point of compromising safety. Carry what makes you comfortable, but be confident that you will see tomorrow even if you are down to your birthday suit — ice diving excluded.

Meister481,

You said:

And then in the next breath:

That was offensive, dude. :no:

Bulletin board or not, totally uncalled for. And completely out in left field if you read DCBC's post.

And of the folks responding in this thread, I'd rate myself as probably the least remarkable, and DCBC as among the most remarkable, and probably the very least likely to screw up :wink:

Step away from the keyboard, drink a little less coffee, no personal attacks.

And Best Wishes :wink:

Whatever, lol. No personal attack, it was a general statement. If that was offensive to you maybe the internet isn't the place for you?

Reason #47 I left scubaboard a couple years ago. I was hoping it got better while I was gone, but it seems not. The whining continues.

Hey look, an ignore button, you will be my first!

Whatever, lol. No personal attack, it was a general statement. If that was offensive to you maybe the internet isn't the place for you?

Reason #47 I left scubaboard a couple years ago. I was hoping it got better while I was gone, but it seems not. The whining continues.

Hey look, an ignore button, you will be my first!

Well, I think it was better while you were gone.

Looking forward to the good old days of the past couple years. :mooner:

Maybe one day I'll post my philosophy on life and death and that will explain why I live my life and dive as I do.

I look forward with much enthusiasm to read it in the Whine & Cheese forum, but not here in the solo forum.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom