Regulator Necklace on primary?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BassDean

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've seen a couple post on DIR regulator necklace for octo or second, but does anyone use a necklace on your primary regulator?

BassDean

BassDean:
I've seen a couple post on DIR regulator necklace for octo or second, but does anyone use a necklace on your primary regulator?

BassDean

Wouldn't a bungie on the primary prevent you from using that reg to bail out your buddy in an OOA?

As I understand, the point of the necklace on the octo is to keep it close so you can easily reach it while you are passing your primary to the OOA diver...

BassDean:

BassDean

How would you donate it ?

BTW If it's not in your (or someone else's) mouth than it's clipped with bolt snap to your right sholder D ring.

BassDean:

BassDean
You don't want to do that!! Your primary either on a 5' or 7' hose should be free to donate as needed. The routing will come down from your regulator, under a light or pouch (can also be tucked into the belt) up across your chest around the neck from left to right and into your mouth. It's sounds complicated but very comfortable and will give you lots of room to donate. After donating the primary, you will pick up the secondary that is on a necklace for your consumption.

Regarding the bolt snap on the primary reg... is this required by DIR? Or is this just a storage option? I find it a bit annoying and was thinking of replacing it with a simple velcro band that would wrap around the hose when not in use, instead of having a dangling bolt snap.

Are you sure you're using the good size b. snap or that it's properly attached? It shouldn't be bugging you.

Oh, it doesn't touch me or anything when in use... I just find it visually annoying. That's why I was wondering if it was just for storage or if it was essential that it was a bolt-snap. The Velcro band I have planned is long enough to wrap around the left D-ring when in storage, and when in use, it just wraps around itself becoming almost invisible.

I don't like velcro. I'm not sure it's a big deal here, especially if you only carry a single tank.

I don't understand how you can see it when the reg is in your mouth.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom