Regulator Scam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you just have to sit and think... why would they really do that... though it would be nice..i hav been desensitized by offers of free bigscreens and ipods if i know whos baby mama is pdidys or some bs. :D

miketsp:
This ad is running in a side bar on a lot of sites.
If you Google
"free oceanic" regulator
you will get quite a few hits with

Free Oceanic Regulator Improved Performance And New Features. Simply Complete Survey. oceanic.leisure-offer.com/ · Scuba Diving Equipment

as the result

Thanks for the heads up! I'll look into it :wink:

It's the old "if it's to good to be true it probably is" and "there is no free lunch"

By the way, if anyone is interested in sending money to the representative of the Minister of Agriculture for Nodambizia, let me know. :D

dbg40:
Another reason to stay away from this scam, is that they get a bead on your computer, and spam the hell out of you! Not to mention the possibility of stealing your credit card numbers! This must be the latest bag the moron scam out. I see them everywhere, one was posted here on the board a short while ago and was pulled after only one responce,,mine, it sounded like bull to me.

I filled it out using the email address for their tech and admin contacts :cool:

Terry

dbg40:
Another reason to stay away from this scam, is that they get a bead on your computer, and spam the hell out of you! Not to mention the possibility of stealing your credit card numbers! This must be the latest bag the moron scam out. I see them everywhere, one was posted here on the board a short while ago and was pulled after only one responce,,mine, it sounded like bull to me.

Yep nothing is ever "free". I checked out one of those free Palm Pilot deals or something once. Used my "junk" yahoo email address then bailed out when I had to sign up for all this crap. No lie, I now get at least a hundred emails a day on that account! Whatever they got setup it managed to shoot my email addy to probably hundreds of lists.

Web Monkey:
I filled it out using the email address for their tech and admin contacts :cool:

Terry

Now THAT'S funny! Any possibility they will explode??

I PM cerich who is a OCEANIC salesman ... he should know who to contact at the company to let them know what is going on. There is another OCEANIC/AERIS rep on ScubaBoard that answers questions about stuff but I couldn't remember his name or I would have sent him a PM also about the scam

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom