Regulator service in NY?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nikyyo

Contributor
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knew of a good place in the NYC area to bring my SP regulator in for it's yearly maintenance. ANy recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

if you don't mind the ride, Long Island Scuba in lindenhurst has the best tech around for regs. Both the Nassau and Suffolk police dive teams send all their gear there, along with most of the FD teams in the area. Ralph has been servicing regs for a looooooooooooooong time and knows every brand out there.

nikyyo:
I was wondering if anyone knew of a good place in the NYC area to bring my SP regulator in for it's yearly maintenance. ANy recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Shall I be the first to say it? :wink: Leisurepro is a bricks and mortar LDS in downtown Manhattan. They do in-house service on regs. Let the FLAMES begin.

rgerman95:
Shall I be the first to say it? :wink: Leisurepro is a bricks and mortar LDS in downtown Manhattan. They do in-house service on regs. Let the FLAMES begin.

uh, I hate to rain on your parade, the service isn't done in house...
The last person I know who took their regs there and had them serviced, tried to get them back after two weeks to take someplace else, was told "they're not here"... I've been to their store and there is no service area anywhere in the store. I think they farm them out to someone else to do for them, then tack on a service charge of their own.....

I would say your best bet is to bring your gear to Tiedemann's. They have certified technicians that have been overhauling regulators for close to 30 years. They will only do the right thing by you. You can bring it in or mail it over to them and they will get it taken care of ASAP. They just moved their location but the phone number is still the same.

I had mine serviced at LP once. I won't do that again or recommend them.

I might try Village Divers. They charge by the stage and seem to know what they're doing. There are dive stores around here where the staff has learned things from me. And I don't know ANYthing.

Back
Top Bottom