Regulator Warranties

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is the thing you have to understand about the "lifetime warranty", they only cover parts, not labor. The labor currently runs in the $25-30 per stage and your going to pay that requardless of warranty. In addition, you must keep up with to conditions of the warranty, so you have to maintain the service schedule and keep the records.....you were on a trip and forgot to service your reg by date xx...or you don't have complete service records.....sorry, warranty is no longer in effect. IMO, the warranty is more of a sales gimic than a real value.

This warranty thing is a stick that the dive shops use to justify charging 50% more in price. It is a worthless stick. I have never ever used the warranty on any of the several dozen regulators I have purchased. They do not pay labor and the parts are just not that expensive and it does not include consumable normal wear parts like seats etc anyways. Oh, and define lifetime. I have several regulators bought with a lifetime warranty that I cannot get parts and service for. Whose lifetime and what is a lifetime. To me it is my lifetime but when they say lifetime that is not what they mean. They mean product lifetime which is at best ten years or much less for todays plastic regulators.

I think of most of todays equipment as disposable. Use it, abuse it, toss it.

N

Scubapro will still pay for your parts if you skip a service. You just have to pay the the parts the following year and then your back on their warranty program. The "life time" warranty applies to how long you own the regulator. Now you have to be the original owner and have proof that it was serviced annually, But it only covers manufacturing defects like flacking chrome for example. Or if they stop making service kits then they will replace your regulator.

Thats good to know, thats the sort of warranty i was wanting and my local dive shop sells scuba pro so thats a plus, but i was hoping a cheaper brand like sherwood also had a good warranty, the online shops are quite vauge on the warranty details.

For instance I was thinking of buying a reg from scubatoys but i want a good warranty.

Thats good to know, thats the sort of warranty i was wanting and my local dive shop sells scuba pro so thats a plus, but i was hoping a cheaper brand like sherwood also had a good warranty, the online shops are quite vauge on the warranty details.

For instance I was thinking of buying a reg from scubatoys but i want a good warranty.

Other manufacturers have factory parts for life programs like Zeagle, Tusa, etc...

We offer parts for life with service on any reg we sell, and a full annual rebuild on 1st, 2nd, and octo is just $49.95 - with the parts free if purchased from us.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom