Reputation Points

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steve_S:
I just gave SJ a reputation. <evil grin> :) Don't worry, it was nice and I just did it so it's not a secret.
Unfortunately, I already had gone to bed when you sent it, then Tech Admin shut them off, so I have no idea what you said....I am sure it was nice! LOL

when the reputation points where working there was two obivious good points.

1 you could send and message :anon:
2 it was faster than a PM as for as having to click on a bunch of links to get to your messages they appeared right up front in your profile.

But lets talk about being :anon: you could be a member or a moderator and send a :anon: message to someone. my point here is I think sometimes a member or moderator mite just want to say something or point out something but not feel like there the Internet Police all the Time ? Like a spelling error or ? your gona open a can of whopass if you dont edit your post.

Thats my two Peso's today

Mike

cornfed:
Frankly, I don't see what all the fuss is about. Despite the possibility for abuse I thought it was a interesting feature.

Of course you thought it was interesting, you were already abusing it.

I was starting to like these things, and I think I would even if I had negative points. I do not live for other people's approval, but it's interesting to know where I sit.

Maybe the votes were in fractions - like 1/3 point per vote, total rounded up or down? I had 10, then using a comment for a reference - got one more vote, but still had 10. Maybe I went from 10-1/3 to 10, still rounded to 10?

If they are brought back, voting should be allowed only by members who have allowed voting on themselves for the last 30 days straight. With this, new members could not vote for 30 days, and that's where half of my 800+ posts have been - welcoming new members in Intros - but that'd be fine with me. What would be important is that members who don't allow voting wouldn't be allowed to vote against others. Certain loose cannons come to mind... :258:

don

GotAir:
But lets talk about being :anon: you could be a member or a moderator and send a :anon: message to someone. my point here is I think sometimes a member or moderator mite just want to say something or point out something but not feel like there the Internet Police all the Time ? Like a spelling error or ? your gona open a can of whopass if you dont edit your post.

If you're not willing to accept responsibility for your words, don't say them.

chrpai:

Do you have any proof of that? If you do I’d really like to see it. My belief is that this is just another one of your assumptions that has no grounding in reality.

chrpai:

OOPS!! I was thinking of someone else.

dandydon:
His was turned off, wasn't it. :lol2:

Mine wasn't but chrpai's was! :lol2:

Cornfed says. If you're not willing to accept responsibility for your words, don't say them
I agree with you on that! I'm wondering what the thinking is on the reputation points ? If you got so many maybe you could redem them for a cup of coffee or ? I dont think anybody that has been posting on this thread really cares about there Reputation anyway. so they need to at least change the name of it to ?. I vote to have it come back. the more toys we have to play with the shorter winter will be.

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom