Roatan Yes or No

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fantasy Island is a great place, and the best value. Check out the West end and the zip line tour was a blast. Oh yeah I forgot, the diving is good. [been there 3 times]

Yes--------I have taken BRAND NEW divers to Roatan(their 1st dives after OW classes of a few weeks before) several times and all enjoyed it greatly----with NO problems...........very easy diving(no currents) and great UW sites.........IMO, do it..

Another resounding yes go do it. Have been to Fantasy Island numerous times and never disappointed. Was there in Dec. when new group just took over and headed back 2nd week of April. You have the best of both worlds going to Roatan and having your own group and DI going with you....have a wonderful time!!!!

Sure hope you have bought your tickets already. Been twice and many will argue it is in the top three dive sites in the Caribbean. Spent a night at FI when our plane was delayed - little tired but still great. Remember the Deet.
As for the wifey thing - they have a nice beach and is AI should she change her mind.
Make sure you see the Island. West End can solve a lot of problems - my wife and I go for 2 weeks. First week at the Reef House doing nothing but diving. Second week at Fosters on just a super beach - diving is great ( stay away from Los Rocas ) but they have world class snorkelling right from the beach. We tend to veg on week # 2
Truly the best of both worlds
ENJOY !!!

What is your concern/experience about the beach at night? I've never heard of a problem.

...at FIBR? Zero

FIBR is located on an island connected by a guarded bridge. I wouldn't leave expensive stuff lying about, they have had a few incidents, but your personal safety is a non-issue. Locals do come on the island to party via the bridge and also by small boat.

CCV is also on it's own private island, accessed only by boat. You will not see the guards, but they are 360°. You can leave your door unlocked and cameras/computers lying about. The only other people you will see are fellow divers and long term employees.

Great place to go! Love the diving! Your wife would be disappointed if she didn't go, but don't let that stop you. Great place for pictures. Good luck and have a blast.

Both Fantasy Island and Cocoview are excellent places for new divers. Both resorts have easy and great shore diving and a plethora of sealife to enjoy.
Check out the posts in the Bay Islands section here on scubaboard for lots of information on Roatan and Fantasy Island.

BTW - when are you going? I'll be at FI February 21-28.

I'm going to have to DISAGREE with everyone else.....DO NOT GO!!!!

I'll take your spot, though, out of the goodness of my heart!

i just got back from Roatan a few weeks ago.

the only problem now will be comparing future dives to this trip. all i can say it outstanding - people, food, accommodations and of course, the diving.

Roatan is pretty rustic, but if you're into that sort of thing you'll love it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom