Rudeness at Joe's Quarry by another lds

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hold up here a second folks. You all are crucifying someone without letting them even say their side of the story. I did not see or hear the whole thing but there was no yelling, screaming, insulting etc. on either side. This is really between the two instructors involved. Let them talk it out with each other and not be berated by bystanders on an internet message board. This is making a bigger deal out of it than it really is in my mind.

icyman:
Yes you were, I remeber one of the guys saying Hello to you.

Jeez she must have been louder than I realized. Oh well, then you know excatly what I mean. :lurk:

Yeah Mike returned a snorkel to me that one of my students had left at the pool. He's a pretty good guy. I know and get along with most of the instructors in the area from all of the dive shops including both of the instructors you are talking about.

Maladryne:
No... what he actually said was

At this point, it simply comes down to a matter of opinion. We don't know the "backstory"; maybe she has on repeated prior occasions seen the instructor in question doing exactly the same thing, and has on those occasions responded by quietly taking him aside and talking to him. This time, though, she lost her temper and decided, as the above quote suggests, to "call him on it in front of his students". I'm not saying that's what happened, I have no idea. The question is, is there ever an occasion when it's justifiable to berate an instructor in front of a class. Personally, I don't think so. The professional thing to do is take them aside, and if that doesn't work, talk to their supervisor/boss, agency, or the owner/operator of the location where the incident occurs.
I've had occasion to have a quiet word with a fellow instructor, and choosing to do so in a forthright but professional manner makes a huge difference; rather than the incidents blowing up, the other individuals have uniformly thanked me for according them the courtesy and respect I showed them, and acted responsibly. I'm not so naive as to think that this would always be the case, but it's certainly my default.

To each his own.

I don't know much about the instructor I had this time other than, he teaches the rescue squad for the fire departments and he was very professional.

I personally couldn't give a rats *** about the whole thing, and had she spoke to me, she would have become one of my panicked diver victums. Try approaching me if I am teaching a class with this BS, I can tell you my Marine Corps training will kick in and YOU WILL BE A VICTUM for my rescue diving class.

Bottum line is she was out of line from a professional stand point, she is unprofessional, and I have written her agency. I also will not drop this and by GOD i will talk to everyone I see concerning the unprofessional behavior they showed. I called Fred today as well, he says no appology will be given, well, thats fine. As another unbiased diver , I would recommend someone go anywhere but the dive operation in question.

ZoCrowes255:
Yeah Mike returned a snorkel to me that one of my students had left at the pool. He's a pretty good guy. I know and get along with most of the instructors in the area from all of the dive shops including both of the instructors you are talking about.

Actually our instructor was going to come drop off the snorkle, because he knew it belonged to you all, but Mike said he would do it for him. He was only passing on the integrity that our instructor iniciated.

Our instructor started the whole thing, mike just said he was coming by, and he would do it so Kent didn't have to make a special trip.

It has been my honor to work with a lot of guys with integrity over the years, kent has shown alot of integrity and professionallism.

:death2:

icyman:
Oh so now your saying her behavior is acceptable. I don't work for ANY diveshops, but as a third party I can say she was wrong. Lets see what PADI has to say.

Originally you said she was wrong, what changed your mind?

Im going back to quote you so you cant change your mind, and tell something fabricated.

Are you maybe alittle concerned because they buy stuff from you?

let me quote you from earlier you hypocrite.

Thats BS Chris, I guess you can be bought too. keep selling them Nitrox and forgive her the trespasses. I will tell everyone about this BS, including your wishy washy opinion. You said she was wrong, now your saying she is right, why because your Dad told you they buy stuff from you?

What a crock, does anyone know what integrity is now adays?

PS tell Ray he won't sell John didlly anymore, I would rather do without than to buy from someone who would do as you just did.

I am trying to stay out of this because I don't think it's my place to be involved. I really don't want to be in the middle of a dispute two other instructors had no matter who is right or wrong. What little we make from selling Nitrox had no bearing on my opinion and my fathers SURE as hell didn't. I just know that if it was ME in this situation I would not want my dirty laundry aired on a message board going over three pages long with input from people who were not even there without a chance to defend myself. What she did was unprofessional and I'll stand by that. I don't see how thinking a small incident is getting out of hand is being a hypocrite.

Personally if I were you I would talk to your Instructor first to get his thoughts on the whole thing.

Edited: Spelling

icyman:
Actually our instructor was going to come drop off the snorkle, because he knew it belonged to you all, but Mike said he would do it for him. He was only passing on the integrity that our instructor iniciated.

Our instructor started the whole thing, mike just said he was coming by, and he would do it so Kent didn't have to make a special trip.

It has been my honor to work with a lot of guys with integrity over the years, kent has shown alot of integrity and professionallism.

Kent has a big following around Louisville and it's well deserved. He is a great guy.

I have ran into this problem more than once while teaching a class. I usually just shake my head and move on. Try not to make a big deal out of it because it isn't worth the trouble. I guess you could have said you were silting up the bottum so you could work on your lim vis course.

icyman:
Oh so now your saying her behavior is acceptable. I don't work for ANY diveshops, but as a third party I can say she was wrong. Lets see what PADI has to say.

Originally you said she was wrong, what changed your mind?

Im going back to quote you so you cant change your mind, and tell something fabricated.

Are you maybe alittle concerned because they buy stuff from you?

let me quote you from earlier you hypocrite.

Thats BS Chris, I guess you can be bought too. keep selling them Nitrox and forgive her the trespasses. I will tell everyone about this BS, including your wishy washy opinion. You said she was wrong, now your saying she is right, why because your Dad told you they buy stuff from you?

What a crock, does anyone know what integrity is now adays?

OH MY GOD HOLY CRAP! Seriously, find something better to do with your life... like go diving to relax your nerves. :scubadive Jesus (where?) OK, it was not professional, and not cool, and I think everyone pretty much agrees with that... even if the instructor was calm and collected it still wouldn't have been cool to bring it up in front of your class. Fine. Secondly, chris didn't contradict himself, he just said let them solve it themselves. I agree... I say If your instructor has a real problem with her, then let them deal with it themselves. Seriously. On the bright side, though, I think this is the most action the KY Piranha pool's had in a while... :confined:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom