Rules For Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do not forget that you are in a dry-suit and not in a wet suit, otherwise at the end of the dive your dry suit may have become a wet suit.

...... the pointy end of the speargun goes in the fish not your foot

I teach Three laws:

1) Don't stop breathing

2) You can call a dive at any time and for any reason: NO QUESTIONS ASKED!

3) No more than 10 secs away from your buddy

There is a secret #4: Always look cool! :D

Another important rule: Get a credit card with a large spending limit, you will need it for the money pit that is Scuba Diving. :D

scubapro50:
and don't forget >>>>>> NEVER DIVE ALONE >>>>>> always take a buddy...... that way if a hungry shark shows up you have a 50/50 chance the buddy will be eaten and you'll get away .

Better yet only dive with a buddy that you know you are faster than, you don't have to out run the shark you just need to out run them. :D

If it hurts, you're doing something wrong... (mask squeeze, ear squeeze).

Don't get a tank face... divers can fall from the ladder at any time.

Eat healthy and drink plenty, especially before the dive (I found this to be one of the most important, it can make a difference between an ok dive to a great dive).

Check your equipment when you can BEFORE the dive, I've seen some divers stay on the boat because they forgot to check their equipment before the dive.

Carry a save a dive kit

Don't hold onto the side of the boat where someone can put a set of doubles on your hand.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom