Rumor has it that Inon America could be +

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do say, well I be, do tell. The fact is I have tried to order items from Japan before with little luck, not just photo items, not just scuba items but a variety of products. It can be very difficult and language is the least of it.

I may already have spoken to certain persons, their opinions of the situation are mixed.

As to English vs Japanese, the Inon America website was very useful because it laid out the various systems and even recommended compatible products. I find no equivalent web page, in English, Japanese or German or Russian.

"Hysterical," I am not the OP. If Inon goes away, good riddance, a niche will then open to be filled by another company. If a market exists, somebody will fill it, hopefully with a Oly 4/3s system slr. There is always something new and better and hopefully much smaller around the bend.

Y'all have a good day, or not.

N

You are not hysterical....just not stating facts....and no need to get so pissy about it. Inon is not going away....just Inon America. If Inon America was importing the gear then distributing it to the Dealers; and now the dealers will be importing them direct....sounds like the products may be a little less expensive now. The only difference I see is that you will not be able to buy from Inon US, which didn't save you any money anyway.

Any dealer worth a hoot will be able to recommend systems and comparable products. Since Dealers represent many mfgrs., the recommendations may be less expensive. E-mail one of them (or call) if you have the need. I believe all of the US dealers speak English :).

IMHO, there is NO comparable optically fired strobe on the market today. I use Z240's and have owned Z220's and D2000's. I can afford any strobe on the market and have chosen Inons for their size and bang for their size.

My $0.02

Dave

Most of the major places to buy Inon products (Like Reef Photo, Backscatter) will still be selling them it's just where they get them from will change. The one thing that I will miss is that Inon America seemed to be the only place to get english translations of the manuals and that will need to be rectified.
Hmmm ... I just a few days ago received quotes from both Backscatter and Reef for my new setup. I had specifically asked for a D2000 strobe. Both places receommended a Sea & Sea YS-110a strobe instead ... both told me that Inon products were not currently shipping to the USA, and they didn't have any idea when Inon would resume service to this country.

I ended up buying the YS-110a ... not because it's what I wanted, but because it's what I could get. Note that I posted the question about Inon in a separate thread three days before this one started.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

You are not hysterical....just not stating facts....and no need to get so pissy about it. Inon is not going away....just Inon America. If Inon America was importing the gear then distributing it to the Dealers; and now the dealers will be importing them direct....sounds like the products may be a little less expensive now. The only difference I see is that you will not be able to buy from Inon US, which didn't save you any money anyway.

Any dealer worth a hoot will be able to recommend systems and comparable products. Since Dealers represent many mfgrs., the recommendations may be less expensive. E-mail one of them (or call) if you have the need. I believe all of the US dealers speak English :).

IMHO, there is NO comparable optically fired strobe on the market today. I use Z240's and have owned Z220's and D2000's. I can afford any strobe on the market and have chosen Inons for their size and bang for their size.

My $0.02

Dave

Like I said, you might read where I said I had spoken to a couple of Inon dealers and mentioned their thoughts were "mixed" and with that in mind consider what I said in the context of NWGrateful's post above, that is what they told me. If you have actual info then post it. I don't mention stores names because it is not my intent to hurt their business while this mess is sorted through.

I not a hick, I understand some Japanese speak English. I actually graduated 18th grade and then some.

N

You can try ordering direct from here is you need something.

UWdigitalcamera.com

Or send any of your questions to "Yuzo" who is hopefully still there. If you search for do a search on Scubaboard you'll find lots of satisfied "customers" that have dealt with him in the past.

I wonder what the whole story is here? Just deciding to sell direct would not involve cutting off parts to Inon America...

One of the odd things about Inon, was that the distributor was also direct selling, something that would seem to be directly against the people they were distributing to..there also has been a very limited number of dealers.

I don't know the actual number, but would doubt they were 10% of the stobe market...which is a shame, considering how nice their product is.

The Inon S-2000, INON Information
has already been released in Japan and Asia and it should all but replace most demand for the D-2000. As a result I am sure that is why the D-2000 stock is scarce in the US.

I bought Inon produce from Reef Photo on Monday while in the store and did not get the impression from the staff that this transition to direct import is going to take long. The biggest problem is that the market in Japan outsells the US. market so demand there is met first and produce them ships elsewhere.

I am sure the same is true of Iklite which has its largest sales in the US. and is a US. product.

For those willing to wait its hard to top the Inon product line.

Phil Rudin

The Inon S-2000, INON Information
has already been released in Japan and Asia and it should all but replace most demand for the D-2000. As a result I am sure that is why the D-2000 stock is scarce in the US.

I bought Inon produce from Reef Photo on Monday while in the store and did not get the impression from the staff that this transition to direct import is going to take long. The biggest problem is that the market in Japan outsells the US. market so demand there is met first and produce them ships elsewhere.

I am sure the same is true of Iklite which has its largest sales in the US. and is a US. product.

For those willing to wait its hard to top the Inon product line.

Phil Rudin

Yes i too have got Inon products from Reef Photo lately some items were back ordered and did arrive. So I assume there is no issue with Reef getting stuff direct from Inon Japan.

This move is too bad for the Guys at Inon NA BUT there is no reason it should ahve much effect on end users.. This assumes Inon still cares about NA customers which it would be stupid if they did not...

Kerry

I redeemed my photo contest winnings last week, just in time! I thought it was odd that they stopped running the contest for 2009.

Service has always been great from Inon America.

I recently placed an order with a well known photo equipment supplier and was told that Inon items would be available but slow due to customs, and repairs would have to go back to Japan. So, all seems well if you allow yourself plenty of lead time, especially on repairs or odd parts orders.

N

That is true. We are all working on getting product direct from Japan so that we can continue to support the Inon line. As of now, we do not have an ETA on product arrival, but we hope it will be in the very near future.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom