SC divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am new to the site and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on getting certified. I just graduated from USC and my parents are going to get me lessons for a graduation present.

I was also wanting to get into spearfishing and was wondering if there was an extra class or something that I can take for an introduction.

Thanks,

Josh

Thanks, I talked to Andy there and he is going to send me some information. I also talked with Todd at Columbia Scuba and he was very helpful. I am going to decide and get going with certification!

Boat Trip to Lake Keowee
June 7, 2009
On Sunday June 7, 2009 at 1:30 pm, Upstate Scuba's instructor Robert Porter will be leading a dive trip to the Pump House on Lake Keowee!!!!

You must be at least open water certified. The cost of the trip is $30.00/diver. Please sign-up and pay at the store prior to the trip. Everyone will also be required to sign a waiver. Please, only exact change or checks the day of the charter. Space is limited to 10 divers max. Snacks, soda and water will be provided on the boat. If you would like to bring more things to eat there will be a cooler available.

Meet at the store at 1:30 pm or at Keowee Marina at 2:00 pm.

If you have any questions please email at: rescue2cop@gmail.com

My name is Dan. My wifes name is Becky and we are newbees....I have logged about ten dives so far and my wife will be doing her open water here soon on lake jocassee with the guys at the scuba shop in Anderson. Can't say enough about Mike and Corey. They are good people and both have taken the time to explain all the equipment goodies with me. Ready to log some dives and make new friends!!! We are in Anderson SC....

Hey everyone the names Crystal I'm a relatively new diver in the Hilton Head area. I'm looking for some good places to dive and to talk to some of the more experienced divers out there.

Last edited:
My wife Becky and I will be diving in Lake Jocassee this weekend. She is doing her OW cert. I will be doing my advanced there two weeks later. SO.....I am in need of a dive buddy this weekend until my wife finishes her skills. We will be going out with the crew at The Scuba Shop in Spartanburg. Great place by the way! If anyone is interested...please let me know. Would love to meet some of you guys! Got a new Epic dive computer and I still need to work out the kinks (fancy way of saying that I still don't know all the functionality of this darn thing).

Lake Murray....My uncle used to live on that lake and it seemed very merky. What is the visability there? When he lived there...which was back in the early nineties...there were plenty of stories about HUGE catfish at the foot of the damn....Always wanted to see those monsters...

Back
Top Bottom