SC divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My name is David and I live in GA, but dive at Lake Jocassee almost every week-end from late April to October (a case of pneumonia in 2005 it let me know it was too damn cold to dive at Jocassee in November in a nearly worn-out 7/5).

I've dived in Honduras, Bahamas, Mexico, Belize, FL springs, FL Keys and SC lakes. I'm presently planning a trip to the Corn Islands of Nicaragua this summer.

I'm also looking forward to getting back to diving at the Jocassee diver's ramp in my new 7/7 in a couple of months.

Hello,
My name is Trey and I live in the Greenville area. Me and my girlfriend (both 25yo) are both pretty newly open water certified. I've got certified at Jocassee, and have been diving in Myrtle, Wilmington, Roatan, and the Pacific coast of Costa Rica. She has a little less experience. As the weather warms up we are definitely going to be taking road trips up and down the east coast every chance we get to explore and dive. If anyone ever wants to meet up and do some diving or split gas for a trip somewhere, or even just meet up at Jocassee for a hike and a dive, let me know. I try and stick my head in at the Bermuda Triangle once a week or so even though I know that I bug the hell out of the ownership. Well, just wanted to say hi and hopefully make a friend or two. PM me if your ever looking for a dive buddy.
Trey

Hello all,
I am Robert Porter and I work as an instructor with Upstate Scuba in Clemson SC. I am the normal dive leader for most lake dive boat trips. We have a trip to the Pump House Sunday June 8th, 2008. and will have trips to lake Jocasse almost every weekend in July to October. Our boat is smaller than off the walls, bermuda triangle's, or Scuba Shop's but we will take lake trips with a few as two divers, and up to ten divers. if you have a weekend you want to dive PM me or call the dive shop at 864-654-3483 visit Upstate Scuba, LLC upstatescuba.com for directions to the store. Look forward to diving with you.

The average viz is about 15 feet from the surface to about 60' when you hit the thermocline anywhere between 60-80' the viz gets better. Like the difference between night and day. there are 2 main dive area's at the lake. The divers ramp, which is a walk in area. There is a training platform, a couple of fishing boats, the bones family, a airplane wing, prop,toilet. The other area is the wall, which you have to go to by boat. There is lots to see there, and a fun dive area.

Hi just found this my name is Steve and I just got certified through SSI at Upstate SCUBA. I have done lots of snorkeling when I was young at the Horse Pasture diving in Lake Keowee. Recently I dove at Lake Jocasee at the diver ramp area to get my certification. And tomorrow I will be going on a boat trip to the wall with Bermuda Triangle.

Just slip'n in on this thred. I run charters out of Savannah Ga. Spearfishing, sightseeing, among other interests. I run up to HHI every now and then. I get allot of divers in that area. I don't advertise on this site (Don't need to) so you will have to look me up. Y'all...good diving.

Hello, all. I'm Debbie, and I live in NE Columbia. I've only been in fresh water so far (Jocassee, Keowee, Lake Norman Quarry, and Lake Murray [which I don't recommend]). I've spent a lot of time up at Jocassee, although I've not been up there this year at all. My dive buddy, Leah, lives in Taylors, SC. Hope to see some of you at Jocassee soon :blinking:

Well hello all, I am extremely new to diving(certified this weekend lol) I'm in Beaufort SC and want to go diving ANYWHERE!! Also I don't have my own gear yet so any help in that area would be appreciated ie. if you have gear to sell or suggestions on where to get at a reasonable price. I am going through withdrawals after my ow dives off of West Palm Beach FL. Please help

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom