Scuba Club Cozumel Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the great videos clips from SCC. I have a week with my two sons scheduled for April. I cannot wait; this will be our first trip. The visibility on your videos and clarity of the water is better than anything I have ever seen.

Wait until you take in the full show there in Coz, you're in for a treat.

We've stayed at Scuba Club Cozumel once or twice a year for almost twenty years. I've written many trip reports and taken lots of pictures. You will find links here: Jim's Web Page

SCC is our favorite dive destination and we have been to many.

Thank you so much for your beautiful pictures and great reports!

I really liked that SCC had firm beds and for the most part, great food! If you're renting gear, make sure your equipment is up to snuff (specifically - as the case was for me - the SPG).

I really liked that SCC had firm beds and for the most part, great food! If you're renting gear, make sure your equipment is up to snuff (specifically - as the case was for me - the SPG).

Finding a firm bed in Mexico has never been a problem for me, just the opposite.

Question for you folks who have stayed at SCC already. Wife and I booked our trip and got the package in the mail. Can you night dive from the beach? Their document states that the dive center hours are 8AM-5:30PM and you need to check out a tank during those hours, but ambiguously states that you need to return the tank, empty or full, the same day they were checked out but doesn't state if they need to be checked back during the dive center hours. Would love to do some night dives from the beach.

I did see under water's video and assume the answer is yes unless those are his own tanks or rented tanks from somewhere else for the night.

You could dive all night long if you wanted to. You need to get your tanks in the evening before the dive shop closes and leave the empty tanks at the shop when you're done. There have been days when woke up at 6:00 am to get my coffee and see Jim Lyle coming OUT of the water!

We did shore night dives every night. IMHO That's really the best time for shore dives there. There are loads of octopi and eels at night.
As stated above, just check out as many tanks as you need before the shop closes, put them in your locker and when used, leave them by the shop.

We re heading down to SCC on Friday. First time there, 4th to Cozumel. Cant wait. The reviews just get me mroe and more excited! First heard abou tSCC while at Anthonys key. A couple kept talking about how great it was. Did some searching and booked it!

This is a great thread. Good info!

Many thanks for the review.

YA HOOO

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom