SCUBA mistakes in movies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hrm... so many bad shots, sometimes it makes you wonder what those people hired to research are doing with their time!

Although I love the Abyss, I always wondered the same things. Most of the "impossible" shots I notice don't relate to diving, though.

astrl

We have the movie Abyss. All this discussion made me think about it, so I pulled it out.

Did you know that all the actors were required to become certified divers because 40%of the live-action photography was shot underwater.

I'm not saying that the scenes are realistic, but I thought you might find that interesting!!!

In sphere they dive "rebreathers" with ordinary 2nd stages (there are bubbles, yes) and uwatec consoles. Hmm, that's intresting, then you do not need any bailout system...

Originally posted by art.chick
Was I just narked, or did some characters try to swim beween crafts on the deep ocean floor? I guess if I know I was going to drown by staying still, I would try to swim for it, too, but wouldn't you just plain get smooshed by all that water pressure?

Since they could go in and out they were in saturation and the interior pressure would have ben the same as outsie...

i am watching daylight and they have just come up from an amazing depth without exhaling once an they cum to the surface and just cough and go to hospital wat a mistake if i never seen one .

diver30:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom