SCUBABOARD LISTENED! Will you give thanks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You have the "Thanks" button back because ScubaBoard listens to its users. Will you please consider giving THANKS back?.

Folks,
Scubaboard is the only forum I've ever seen that listens to its users. You said you wanted the Thanks button back. Will you give thanks to ScubaBoard by helping out again?

As many of you are aware there have been some recent changes on the board that has caused contention among the users. The staff is aware of this, considered the feedback given and made some adjustments. Whether you like the changes or not, by simply reading this thread you've made the choice to be a part of the board and participate in this community.

If you've made this choice to participate as a regular user of this board, whether they're an active poster or just an avid reader then I'd like to challenge you to make a donation of $20 to the Legal Defense Fund to help defray some of the mounting legal costs. If every user that logs in this week would make this $20 donation, it would cover the next round of legal fees.

Can't afford $20? Anything helps, even a single dollar when combined with the contributions of others.
Can afford more? Great! Anything extra is greatly appreciated.

Do you participate on other message boards? Or have friends that do? Tell them also and ask if they'll contribute. This is NOT just about ScubaBoard. This decision will have an impact on all discussion boards, whether it's about diving, or planes, or guns or cars. If you can't afford $20, ask 3 friends to pledge $5 each.

We need to get the word out about this! It's up to us to do it! We have the power to make a difference here and it's up to us to make sure we do.

I just sent $20 I know it is not much but hope it helps.

Many will see this as xenophobic jingoism. I did.

What sort of recourse are you after.

Yep. Scubaboard is US centric but many foreigners use the forum as well including myself.

Hammerhead, I'm dismayed that you see xenophobia in this. Do you not understand that we have no recourse against the plaintiff because she is a foreign national?

However, if it really bothers you so much, chime back in and I'll change it. It is not my intent to exacerbate sensitivities.
Yes, please change it
... without a full explanation of what you meant, that's exactly what it looks like .. American Chest Thumping
Please remove it as it does nothing to express the need for those donations

Donated $40 just now.

$20 for the legal fees and $20 for the return of the THANKS button :)

(Can I have one of those nifty "Defender" icons? :) )

Changes made as requested.

Donated $40 just now.

$20 for the legal fees and $20 for the return of the THANKS button :)

(Can I have one of those nifty "Defender" icons? :) )

I like the way you think! :) And followed your example, thank you.

Confirmation number: 3E590129Y4786474P

Hammerhead, I'm dismayed that you see xenophobia in this. Do you not understand that we have no recourse against the plaintiff because she is a foreign national?

However, if it really bothers you so much, chime back in and I'll change it. It is not my intent to exacerbate sensitivities.

You changed it, and I'll accept that it was not intentional.

I just topped up the fund with another $50.

Peace.

Back
Top Bottom