SCUBABOARD LISTENED! Will you give thanks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fair enough if you don't want to donate.

Your BP analogy is a bit strong, no? It's not like removing and then reinstating the Thanks button has actually damaged anything unlike a giant oil spill in the ocean. Also you will note that BP has not corrected their mistake, unlike SB :wink: I always thank people for making amends for something that they have done wrong.

It's not about donating or not donating Sas. It's about the OP's pretense that if you correct a mistake, somehow you should be rewarded. Personally I think this is ludicrous, but that's just my opinion. If people want to give any amount to SB, that's great! If the reason for the donation is because of a corrected mistake, I think this sends the wrong message. If you are donating because you want to help defend the lawsuit, this is an entirely different reason from rewarding a business for making an error. Just saying.

It's not about donating or not donating Sas. It's about the OP's pretense that if you correct a mistake, somehow you should be rewarded. Personally I think this is ludicrous, but that's just my opinion.

Ohh, I get you now, sorry I misinterpreted what you were getting at. Yea, I agree with you. I was more talking about people not holding a grudge after a corrected mistake, rather than rewarding it (which doesn't make sense).

If people want to give any amount to SB, that's great! If the reason for the donation is because of a corrected mistake, I think this sends the wrong message. If you are donating because you want to help defend the lawsuit, this is an entirely different reason from rewarding a business for making an error. Just saying.

Sure.

I was one of the guys in the "bring back the thanks button" where I offered another donation to the legal defence fund if it was brought back ... and duly did donate again, and if push come to shove will donate again, and again, as I for one see this board as an excellent place to find info - from places far away from the States, as should all users globally. And although Scubaboard is a business, it's also a dammed useful resource that a few $ (or Taiwan $) from my wallet I hope help protect this place of 'free speech'.

cheers

I was wondering what happened while I was in Denver for a week. Personally, I like the thanks button... but am surprised my weekly columns don't receive many. Sniff! After almost 50 years of diving, I don't have much advice on the proper way to dive so I haven't much to offer there!

drbill - where can I read your columns ? Promise - if I read and they are good I'll give 'thanks'

Yo, Dr Bill! ????

Another $20 in the box
Unique Transaction ID #5HH529375A7122602

It's not about donating or not donating Sas.
Well actually, it is.

When we are still here a year from now, we will have the Jaxes and the other peeps to thank for remaining and not you. They show their gratitude by their donations just as you show your ingratitude by complaining about their generosity. If you think that this is just about restoring thanks, then you are blinded by sheer bitterness. Jax looks for any excuse to give back to ScubaBoard just as you look for any excuse to criticize and vilify it. Her sincerity and positive outlook are contagious and are far more appropriate than continual criticisms. Get over it! She did!

Fortunately, your incessant negativity can't take away their POSITIVE vibes or their contributions! You can rail all you want about how bad you have it here... and yet you remain. There's an enigma for you! On the other end of the spectrum, our users have shown just how much they love this forum by their incredible generosity!

Do we listen? Yes, and it's probably why we are the biggest web entity for Scuba. We have added so many sub forums at our users' requests as well as many other features. We actually care about our users and not for pecuniary reasons either. Like many Scuba related businesses, this started out as a hobby first to fulfill a need. We have made a ton of mistakes on the way, and not being perfect (or claiming to be perfect) we will make a ton more mistakes. So we post, dive and learn as we go along and our users are all a part of this grand experiment. I love it and nothing any Negative Nelly can do or say is going to change that!

Here is my pledge to those who give: We are going to survive Ms Holm and all of our other nay sayers and continue to provide you with a FUN place to learn about diving and to plan your dives! Heck, we are even going to let our detractors have their say as well as we don't hold grudges!

Thanks to all my friends, whether they choose to give or not, but a special thanks to those who are helping us financially to beat a bad law suit. Your generosity will make a huge difference here: you can count on it!

......and continue to provide you with a FUN place......

Who is defining "FUN"?

It's not about donating or not donating Sas. It's about the OP's pretense that if you correct a mistake, somehow you should be rewarded. Personally I think this is ludicrous, but that's just my opinion. If people want to give any amount to SB, that's great! If the reason for the donation is because of a corrected mistake, I think this sends the wrong message. If you are donating because you want to help defend the lawsuit, this is an entirely different reason from rewarding a business for making an error. Just saying.

I agree with this. To all: Give if you want to; Don't give if you don't want to. Either way, just be sure of your reasons. There is no wrong decision here and while some may try to silently convince you otherwise your decision is right.

Back
Top Bottom