ScubaBoard.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From his profile:
Certification History Certification Date: 01 Oct 2009
Diver Level: Open Water Diver
# of Logged Dives I'm a Fish!
The date and the claim are mutually exclusive. Just sayin'. I've been certified for 30 years and even I won't make the I'm a Fish! claim. And this?
Occupation Systems Administrator and Network Administrator | Founder of APG | Soon a Dive Master.
:shakehead::shakehead::shakehead:

I've been certified for 30 years and even I won't make the I'm a Fish! claim.

The exaggerated claims of being a fish by relative newcomers to diving seem to irritate a lot of experienced SB members. The addition a while back of "I just don't log dives" has helped quite a bit in getting people to classify themselves more accurately according to the general expectations of this community, but maybe the "I'm a Fish!" label needs a parenthetical suggestions added like "I'm a Fish! (have dived almost every day for many years)" to get the point across.

This didn't quite seem important enough to start a new suggestion thread. :D

Perhaps, after sleeping on it, I was a little harsh on the OP. As NetDoc says, we all make mistakes and shouldn't be flamed for them.

Really, my rant was no more rightous than his.

Sorry BathTub, I'll apologise if you will. :cheers:

Perhaps, after sleeping on it, I was a little harsh on the OP. As NetDoc says, we all make mistakes and shouldn't be flamed for them.

Really, my rant was no more rightous than his.

Sorry BathTub, I'll apologise if you will. :cheers:
Not a problem m8 and yes we all make silly mistakes as I did that day when I when diving and got left on my own in an area I don't know (Bad day.) and come back here, hopefully I might have a reply to cheer me up. As I know how active this site is! I didn't mean to start a small Flame War.

Now as for the people who called "I'm a Fish! claim." My God are you for real? Bagging someone out for making such a claim is even more lame the the title. :rofl3: Chill out have a :coffee: and sit back. But yes I am a fish somewhat. I have lived on Hamilton Island for 2 years, Port Douglas for 6 years, all the way up the eastern side of Aus, moving due to work. Spending most of my free time Spearfishing and Freediving logging Depths a deep as 24 meters taking out Tuna and so on.

Anyway sorry for the poo storm.

Not a problem m8 and yes we all make silly mistakes as I did that day when I when diving and got left on my own in an area I don't know (Bad day.) and come back here, hopefully I might have a reply to cheer me up. As I know how active this site is! I didn't mean to start a small Flame War.

Now as for the people who called "I'm a Fish! claim." My God are you for real? Bagging someone out for making such a claim is even more lame the the title. :rofl3: Chill out have a :coffee: and sit back. But yes I am a fish somewhat. I have lived on Hamilton Island for 2 years, Port Douglas for 6 years, all the way up the eastern side of Aus, moving due to work. Spending most of my free time Spearfishing and Freediving logging Depths a deep as 24 meters taking out Tuna and so on.

Anyway sorry for the poo storm.

Is very nice when we can objectively look at ourselves and recognize that maybe, somehow, there could be a one in a million chance that we were a hair less than perfect. Not that this lame site has the right to point that out of course.

I sure hope this reply cheers you up... I can't type for others but personally I'll do my best to make this place a "poo storm"-free area just for you.

Oh and before I forget.... many thanks for all your posts, I feel that I've learned so much from you already, can't wait to read the next one.

Be sure to check out our hunting and free diving areas.
Oh I will, in fact I've spent quite a bit of time there as it is reading some of the posts and learning from some of the info and tips that members have provided :coffee: thanks.

By the way NetDoc my offer still stands, I just wanted my email removed due to a flood of spam I just got after I posted it though not to worry. :popcorn: :coffee:

Anyway thank you all for your reply's even know some were not very nice but hey.... Who cares life is to short to hold a internet grudge or a grudge for that matter.

Live Long and Party Hard!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom