Scubapro balanced adjustable 156

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife has had the idea of getting a backyard pool for the past few years. My arguments against it have been centered around cost vs amount of use and it being impractical in general.

The regulator collecting bug bit me super hard this year, now I can't get the idea out of my head how wonderful it would be to have a pool out back for testing out regulators as they get added to the collection, rebuilt, and tuned. I mean, once I finally get all the single hose regulators I ever wanted then it will be time to start collecting and modifying double hose regulators so the pool would get plenty of use right?

I should have stopped at the Balanced Adjustable and been happy.

The only BA/156 models I've seen with CE numbers had a matte finish. Oh, did you want to see one? Never mind the mix and match case/cover/adjustment knob.
156 w CE numbers.jpg

Now I suppose you want to see the cover?
156 w CE numbers face.jpg

What's that you say? Do I have another example? Nice of you to ask.
Asia 156 w CE numbers.jpg

Asia 156 w CE numbers face.jpg

OK, OK.....I'll show you my SP Kraken.
Scubapro Kraken.jpg

The devil made me do it.

What, no orange version G250 octopus in your collection to go with that lovely Kraken?

The only BA/156 models I've seen with CE numbers had a matte finish. Oh, did you want to see one? Never mind the mix and match case/cover/adjustment knob.
View attachment 547414
Now I suppose you want to see the cover?
View attachment 547417

What's that you say? Do I have another example? Nice of you to ask.
View attachment 547421
View attachment 547423

OK, OK.....I'll show you my SP Kraken.
View attachment 547424

The devil made me do it.

Of course YOU have it!!
Thanks a lot for the Photos with the CE stamp, so I was right, but your Japanese '156' is such a beauty, I'm really envious!:confused::cheers:

Knob would lead to it being an actual 156 and description tells us it has been serviced and the new s-wing poppet (maybe the lever) has been replaced to match the change SP made in parts... Will work on any SP first. I have them on Mk-2, MK-3, MK-5, MK-10, MK-17, & MK-20/25 firsts. I also have them as an octo on my upgraded (Phoenix/Cyclone) double hoses.

One thing to tell you - if you get it and actually use it, don't expect the labeling to last....

Bob
The knob and the front plate tells that it is quite probably a BA (11.150.000), not a converted 109 and not a '156' (11.156.000).

Thanks Axxel. I am used to the really old knob like is shown in the first two pics above from Couv, so was thinking the one that is shown in the proposed sale was the last edition (did it ever have the composite plastic one like the g250?). Every one of my 109 seconds have the old smooth knob.

My (1970's) 109 stage (first one I owned) was upgraded with the full kit (including face plate) circa 1993-4, and I actually have an OEM upgrade kit stashed away. All of my other seconds just have the internals switched...

Of interest is one of my 109 seconds has a very different retainer for the adjustment knob. It is a spring clip with two slots in the air barrel rather than the "D-Clip"....

From memory the BA introduced the splined adjustment knob and hose fitting. Those items were also found on the original G250ies. I don't recall when the black adjustment knob end appeared. I'm pretty sure that a bit of mixing and matching went on in dive shop repair rooms when hamfisted techs used the knob ends for a fulcrum.

The "G250" knob is detailed somewhere here recently on SB quite well, and shows the evolution from the splined (initial offering) to the composite, and then a return to the splined with the G250v. As @couv says, it seems it may have started with the BA as a production model..... I have none of those...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom