Scubapro balanced adjustable 156

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A dropped stage resulting in a bent shaft also lead to many mis-matched configurations.

P1040342.JPG
My (1970's) 109 stage (first one I owned) was upgraded with the full kit (including face plate) circa 1993-4, and I actually have an OEM upgrade kit stashed away. All of my other seconds just have the internals switched...

Of interest is one of my 109 seconds has a very different retainer for the adjustment knob. It is a spring clip with two slots in the air barrel rather than the "D-Clip"....
Bob
Actually there have been at least three different Retainer for the 109 (BA) over the time.
First there had been a 'Stop Pin' (109-60), later the two different Retaining Clips 109-71 and 11.109.121
I found a pretty early version with the Stop Pin, one later version with one slot and two holes and the 'normal' two hole version for the D-Clip.
The old version has a shorter Poppet and a longer Spring and Adjuster Knob......

Attachments

• P1040343.JPG
    P1040343.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 61
interesting with the stop pin in the early generation. how was it kept in place?

I have never seen another one with the clip (curious the two types, and when/where they were in production)...

wasn't there also an early version that had a ball as the seat?

I just rebuilt 2 with the stop pin... It's just your garden variety roll pin.

the stop pin in the early generation. how was it kept in place?
It was a roll pin as @James79 mentioned above.

The ball you're thinking of was the anti-friction device between the adjustment knob and spring. Later models used a spring pad.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom