Scubapro GO Sport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am getting into dry suit diving this summer and will need to pick up big fins. I love my go sports, will their buoyancy be an issue? I just assume order a XL but am not familiar with the nuances of dry suit. I will be traveling to cold water areas for work.
"Generally" drysuits tend to need "heavier" fins (actually denser, more negative - dry weight is not directly the issue.) The air in the legs and socks/boots of the drysuit tends to make for "floaty feet" compared to wetsuit diving.

But YOUR details are what matter ... What suit, socks/rock-boots or integrated, what undergarments, what bc/plate-wing, what tank(s), what weighting, your body morphology, your kick style(s) - it all adds up to dictate your center of buoyancy. If you are well balanced without fins then a neutralish fin is what you need, headstands - you need some negative fins, etc.

From what I understand of the Go Sports (light), you might be well served to get in pool rigged up in your drysuit and see how you balance before pulling the trigger on what fin to buy.
Fit is another complication as footwear style makes big difference in foot-pocket size/form compatibility.

"Generally" drysuits tend to need "heavier" fins (actually denser, more negative - dry weight is not directly the issue.) The air in the legs and socks/boots of the drysuit tends to make for "floaty feet" compared to wetsuit diving.

But YOUR details are what matter ... What suit, socks/rock-boots or integrated, what undergarments, what bc/plate-wing, what tank(s), what weighting, your body morphology, your kick style(s) - it all adds up to dictate your center of buoyancy. If you are well balanced without fins then a neutralish fin is what you need, headstands - you need some negative fins, etc.

From what I understand of the Go Sports (light), you might be well served to get in pool rigged up in your drysuit and see how you balance before pulling the trigger on what fin to buy.
Fit is another complication as footwear style makes big difference in foot-pocket size/form compatibility.
Thank you, I plan on renting the suit for both the classes and when I travel. It seems there are shops in the Monterey area that rent. I will probably rent fins as well until I figure out what works for me. Thank you

Thank you, I plan on renting the suit for both the classes and when I travel. It seems there are shops in the Monterey area that rent. I will probably rent fins as well until I figure out what works for me. Thank you
Certainly there is no harm in giving it a go in the GoSports, but might be a good idea to have a std pair of Jet Fin, or similar with more weight, on standby. I agree with @-JD- regarding heavier fins to compensate for other buoyant components in the overall system, and also agree that not all setups are equal. The GoSport may work well for ya, only one way to know.

Have fun, be safe, and enjoy the new challenge!

Certainly there is no harm in giving it a go in the GoSports, but might be a good idea to have a std pair of Jet Fin, or similar with more weight, on standby. I agree with @-JD- regarding heavier fins to compensate for other buoyant components in the overall system, and also agree that not all setups are equal. The GoSport may work well for ya, only one way to know.

Have fun, be safe, and enjoy the new challenge!
Thank you, appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom