Scubapro GO Sport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

View attachment 523910 My new first choice fins, these have the same foot pocket as the Nova’s so they say, seems accurate. For my size 15 feet this foot pocket is perfect, overall opening is like the XL eddy but the open toe lets more foot in the pocket. View attachment 523911With the eddy my toe hit the end, deep six doesn’t claim they will fit me but I’ve been using them for a few years. View attachment 523920
The SP offers me more foot support, about 95% of the eddy thrust with a frog kick and about 140% more in a flutter kick. Leg fatigue is about 30% less with the SP.
overall fin is very similar in sizeView attachment 523921View attachment 523922
View attachment 523923

The SP GS has some tip flex that has a lot to do with the ease of use in a flutter kick and a bit of snap at the end of the stroke. In the frog kick it has a slight tip flex. I don’t know how they will hold up overall but so fat no complaints. A good fit and pretty amazing performance for such a light fin, price is also not nuts, I have a second pair in yellow coming.

Exactly what I found to be true. My Go Sports are my go to fins now. Go Sports compare to my Eddy Fins, the Go Sports are larger :

Flutter favors the Go Sport, Frog favors the Deep Six. Saying that, the Go Sport frog kicks just fine but the Eddy Fin does not flutter particularly well. And the Go Sport is slightly buoyant and more comfortable. The snappy tip of the Go Sport and the built in blade angle is part of why they perform so well all around.

James

I overall am preferring the eddy's now, I find the little extra weight is better for flutter on service (the only time I really flutter) and the they do better frog kicking (my preferred underwater kick).

But that is why there are lots of fins, one is not best for everyone.

I just scooped a set of GS, black with orange skegs. Will compare them next weekend against my Quattros. I had been drooling over the Eddy Fins for a long time, but they simply aren't available in the Philippines, and I don't see any practical way to get 'em any time soon, so GS it is.

Keep us posted, please! - would like to see a Quattro / GS comparison :)

At Last! My GoSport fins arrived today.. after 6 months of tortuous searching and waiting. I first started searching for a pair of fins in Oct 21, after weeks of browsing online including the various reviews and particularly this thread on the forum - narrowed down my choice to the Go Sport. Unfortunately not available in my country and with most of the world still in lockdown no hope and scope for an International dive vacation where I could pick them up. Finally got the chance when my brother travelled from Singapore to my country last week…then another week of nail biting while they were shipped from across the country… phew!

First impressions (I only dove in my living room making “fssssh”noises): Perfect fit, light on the feet, can almost forget one is wearing them on land when sitting down for trial, snug with no loose play sidewise in my size 9 2mm booties (I got Medium size), very comfortable feeling. A huge contrast to the “Toe Crusher” Deep6 Eddy fins I tried in an LDS, I found them too heavy on land and the steel spring strap just folded all my toes against the dead end of the foot pocket. Not these ones as the pic below shows - my toes have no uncomfortable obstruction hitting them - a problem I faced with most rental fins I borrowed. Although I have wide flat feet with no arches, the foot pocket accommodates them nicely without that tight gripping sensation that ill fitting narrow shoes might give.
These fins are a “winner” for fit, comfort and their light weight. Pack easily in my suitcase with room to spare length wise.

Can’t wait to dive them in June.
Thanks for all your detailed reviews and trial feedback folks! Helped me make a great buy!

PS: Quick Question - some folks have indicated it’s too positively buoyant for their liking. Would replacing the existing elastic cord with steel spring straps fix this?

Attachments

• F194A3AC-F53E-4C9F-AC88-A6F8718A3C5D.jpeg
    F194A3AC-F53E-4C9F-AC88-A6F8718A3C5D.jpeg
    42.3 KB · Views: 65
  • F0D2C9F9-02AA-4525-B1F8-E36362E56C2B.jpeg
    F0D2C9F9-02AA-4525-B1F8-E36362E56C2B.jpeg
    23.7 KB · Views: 77
[snip]
A huge contrast to the “Toe Crusher” Deep6 Eddy fins I tried in an LDS, I found them too heavy on land and the steel spring strap just folded all my toes against the dead end of the foot pocket.
[snip]

PS: Quick Question - some folks have indicated it’s too positively buoyant for their liking. Would replacing the existing elastic cord with steel spring straps fix this?
Sounds like the Eddys were probably sized too large for you. The pressure should bear on your instep, not toes - your foot was going too deep into the pocket. Could also be the "tall" foot pocket if you have low insteps ...

"Heavier" straps would help to make net buoyant moment relatively more negative.

At Last! My GoSport fins arrived today.. after 6 months of tortuous searching and waiting. I first started searching for a pair of fins in Oct 21, after weeks of browsing online including the various reviews and particularly this thread on the forum - narrowed down my choice to the Go Sport. Unfortunately not available in my country and with most of the world still in lockdown no hope and scope for an International dive vacation where I could pick them up. Finally got the chance when my brother travelled from Singapore to my country last week…then another week of nail biting while they were shipped from across the country… phew!

First impressions (I only dove in my living room making “fssssh”noises): Perfect fit, light on the feet, can almost forget one is wearing them on land when sitting down for trial, snug with no loose play sidewise in my size 9 2mm booties (I got Medium size), very comfortable feeling. A huge contrast to the “Toe Crusher” Deep6 Eddy fins I tried in an LDS, I found them too heavy on land and the steel spring strap just folded all my toes against the dead end of the foot pocket. Not these ones as the pic below shows - my toes have no uncomfortable obstruction hitting them - a problem I faced with most rental fins I borrowed. Although I have wide flat feet with no arches, the foot pocket accommodates them nicely without that tight gripping sensation that ill fitting narrow shoes might give.
These fins are a “winner” for fit, comfort and their light weight. Pack easily in my suitcase with room to spare length wise.

Can’t wait to dive them in June.
Thanks for all your detailed reviews and trial feedback folks! Helped me make a great buy!

Congratulations and I am happy for you that you received your fins after such a long wait and that they fit. I can't wait to read your report after you have used them for few dives.

Sounds like the Eddys were probably sized too large for you. The pressure should bear on your instep, not toes - your foot was going too deep into the pocket. Could also be the "tall" foot pocket if you have low insteps ...

"Heavier" straps would help to make net buoyant moment relatively more negative.

A small correction - the fins I tried were the Apeks RK3 HD - a poor memory recall fooled me - my bad. Next time I am on a dive vacation I will try the other sizes for both of them.

I am getting into dry suit diving this summer and will need to pick up big fins. I love my go sports, will their buoyancy be an issue? I just assume order a XL but am not familiar with the nuances of dry suit. I will be traveling to cold water areas for work.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom