scubapro mk25 turret up or down...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I see the advantage of the 5th port for long hose and the tilted reg. I also see the advantage turret up if not using the 5th port as having the LP ports on top would be helpful since they route above or below the shoulders. My biggest issue is probably that I have a short neck so I assume turret up would be, drum roll please, a pain in the neck.
Yes. Run it down.

We always mount with the turret down. It places the hoses in a little better anatomic position and definitely helps to decrease the possibility of being a head banger.

I dive the Mk25/Mk19/Atomics turret down slightly tilted with long hose in 5th port. Short hose was always 22"...I am now switching to 24"

I dive the Mk25/Mk19/Atomics turret down slightly tilted with long hose in 5th port. Short hose was always 22"...I am now switching to 24"

The place I order hoses from was out of 22 inches hoses so I took a couple of 24 inches hoses. I think I like them better for the secondary.

26941403-4719-4B61-AD22-79DB78E2C805.jpeg

I run my turret down also, but I keep it in a vertical orientation. It keeps the hoses in tight, and there really isn’t any need for the turret to rotate. The rubber black piece is a bumper, so it makes sense for it to be facing up.

Attachments

• 39EFF1F4-9D02-40EC-BE57-D2AEDD188753.jpeg
    39EFF1F4-9D02-40EC-BE57-D2AEDD188753.jpeg
    111.9 KB · Views: 64
When set up with the turret down and tilted towards the long hose hip, I see the advantage in all hoses except the Wing inflator hose because on the opposite side it would be tilted down and have to bend back up and over the shoulder. Or am I visualizing this wrong?

When set up with the turret down and tilted towards the long hose hip, I see the advantage in all hoses except the Wing inflator hose because on the opposite side it would be tilted down and have to bend back up and over the shoulder. Or am I visualizing this wrong?

I think you have it right. That’s part of the reason I don’t tilt mine - it jams up the hoses on the other side.

I always run it down to take advantage of the 5th port for the long hose. Makes for a nice hose routing setup.

I think you have it right. That’s part of the reason I don’t tilt mine - it jams up the hoses on the other side.
The HP hose going down to the SPG should actually benefit. And the LP hose tilted down a little going to the drysuit should be fine also since it routes under the arm. I would only be concerned about the BC inflator hose which would have to bend back up and over the shoulder. Everything else seems like it would work great. I don't have a turret regulator so I'm not speaking from experience, just trying to visualize how it would work.

Back
Top Bottom