Scubapro S560 vs A700

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DriverDiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Would like to ask anyone who has used both the S600 and A700 regs which one they preferred. Would be using it with a Mk17 first stage.

Last edited:
if someone asked me to choose, I'd choose the A700. If I was spending money, then it would be the S600 or G260*or whatever new name the G2xxy series is on right now*

If using with the MK17 I assume you are choosing that first stage because you are diving in cold water. A700 will be better than the S560 in the cold since the S560 is essentially entirely plastic. Metal=good in cold water.

the real question is what made you come to the conclusion on those two regulators in particular?

Yeah I meant S600, but somehow typed 560. I Chose those two because they are the top of the line for scubapro and that is what my dive shop primarily sells. I currently have a set of second hand Apeks ATX50 and a DST first stage but want to get a nicer set and use those on a pony set up.

My secondary for now is an AIR2. I know some here don't seem to like those, but I am going to use that for now, plus my pony bottle for anything over 60 ft. I have ordered a 40 inch hose and swivel for my primary to be able to donate that in an air share situation.
As to what drove me towards the mk17, all the reading I have done suggests a sealed diaphragm first stage for cold water use.
My goals in diving are to dive as often as I can and keep learning as much as I can. Just did the last of my AOW last weekend. Eventually hope to start tech diving, so I can see some deeper shipwrecks. At that point I think I would go with Poseidon regs, but that is a long ways off.

My secondary for now is an AIR2. I know some here don't seem to like those, but I am going to use that for now, plus my pony bottle for anything over 60 ft. I have ordered a 40 inch hose and swivel for my primary to be able to donate that in an air share situation.
As to what drove me towards the mk17, all the reading I have done suggests a sealed diaphragm first stage for cold water use.
My goals in diving are to dive as often as I can and keep learning as much as I can. Just did the last of my AOW last weekend. Eventually hope to start tech diving, so I can see some deeper shipwrecks. At that point I think I would go with Poseidon regs, but that is a long ways off.

with the cost of the scubapro's, why not purchase Poseidon now if that is what you want ultimately? what regulators are you using on your pony bottle?

I might. I'm trying to get a chance to dive poseidon x stream to try and see how I like that. I have used a jetstream and it was nice, but I dont like the size of it.
The jetstream is what I used on my rental pony before I bought mine. I just thought I'd ask about the other two options I don't have a way to get my hands on without buying first

Both are excellent choices, as is the S560 BTW:)!

I would choose the A700 ( Carbon Fiber ) if you want the very best.

If you are going to dive in water colder than 10°C/40°F, then go with the A700. If warmer, then S600 is a good option too.

I might. I'm trying to get a chance to dive poseidon x stream to try and see how I like that. I have used a jetstream and it was nice, but I dont like the size of it.
The jetstream is what I used on my rental pony before I bought mine. I just thought I'd ask about the other two options I don't have a way to get my hands on without buying first

what's on your pony now? or do you not have a reg for that?

the xstream will breathe the same as the Jetstream, it's just smaller. Unsure of where any are in your neck of the woods, but if you come south I know where you can try out a few ;-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom