Scubatoys Regulator Service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My LDS take a min of 6 months to service.

Did you really mean to say "6 months" to service a regulator? What do they do to it during this time?

Did you really mean to say "6 months" to service a regulator? What do they do to it during this time?

YES, 6 months. They have one guy, that has another full time job, so he only tries to fit in servicing equipment on the weekends. He is also very, very meticulous, which I really think is a good thing, but really ?? 6 months.

I sent my reg and octo to Scuba Toys Monday, and already received back today.

YES, 6 months. They have one guy, that has another full time job, so he only tries to fit in servicing equipment on the weekends. He is also very, very meticulous, which I really think is a good thing, but really ?? 6 months.

I sent my reg and octo to Scuba Toys Monday, and already received back today.

6 months is just totally ridiculous. Maybe he does not own his own regs so he uses just uses his customers regs for a while.:shocked2:

That's astounding!

I guess you could just make an appointment six months in advance. :shakehead:

You spoke, I listened, ST profited. Just sent my regs to ST. I called my LDS first to see how much more it would be to have the work done locally. They said they don't service my brands and would have to send the regs someplace else for service (ST?). That made the decision easy. :angel2:

You will be glad you sent it to them. I have used them for service on two sets of regs. I bought my regs. used from them and I get free parts when they service them. Not a bad deal getting Aeris AVDT 400 with second stage for less then half the cost new. They looked brand new when I got them. I am going to send them in a week or so.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom