Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quick update on the braces fix. Ordered 4 x 40mm triglides off eBay (I’ve the wider upgrade version and ordered 4 for 2 spares) and 25mm for the crotch strap for £5 delivered. All working great with no slippage. Needs a bit of fettling to get them to the right length but once set, no need to adjust them.
Some pics (not sure how clear they’ll be)

IMG_3437.jpeg

IMG_3436.jpeg

IMG_3435.jpeg

Ordered my Seaskin Nova on 2/10, expected shipping date is 05/19. This thread has been super useful, as its going to be my first drysuit.
Got it delivered last week (05/25). Tested it over the weekend for my drysuit class in the pool and the ocean - pretty happy with everything. Very snug with a 150g Thinsulate undersuit.

Well my suit arrived early. Was suppose to ship on the 16th. Shipped last week and arrived today. Tax bill was 108.45 so not bad. That is with suit and 250 undersuit.
Forgot what the smell of a new suit is like. It is strong.
Tried on the undersuit and it was like wearing a nice comfy blanket. Good fit on it.
Tried on the suit. Think I need to trim the neckseal but going to try stretching it over a tank for a couple days first. The biggest issue I had was the zipper doesn't seem as long as my zipper on my bare suit so squeezing myself through that opening took a little work.
Had hood range of motion. Only issue I saw was that the telescoping portion seems really long. Like 3 or 4 extra inches long.
Will hopefully have it in the water in the next two weeks when my tanks get back from hydro.

Attachments

• IMG_20230613_120621906.jpg
    IMG_20230613_120621906.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_20230613_120629269_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230613_120629269_HDR.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_20230613_122638289_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230613_122638289_HDR.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 104
Okay have a question. I ordered it with the trigon pee valve. On closer inspection it appears that the hose is missing the connector. I've attached pictures. Am I missing something?

Attachments

• IMG_20230613_151202685_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230613_151202685_HDR.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_20230613_151155611_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230613_151155611_HDR.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 66
Okay have a question. I ordered it with the trigon pee valve. On closer inspection it appears that the hose is missing the connector. I've attached pictures. Am I missing something?
Nothing comes attached to the hose. They should have included a white valve but that isn't worth installing. Order a few dry break female and 4-5 male quick disconnects from McMaster.
I keep a full set in my SAD, 1 male on the female while suit is not in use to minimize moisture retention, and then the male I'm using in my undergarment pocket until it's time to prep the cath. When I get in the suit I put the male I keep on it into my undergarment pocket until I'm done diving and have flushed the valve.
Screenshot_20230315_172343_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Well my suit arrived early. Was suppose to ship on the 16th. Shipped last week and arrived today. Tax bill was 108.45 so not bad. That is with suit and 250 undersuit.
Forgot what the smell of a new suit is like. It is strong.
Tried on the undersuit and it was like wearing a nice comfy blanket. Good fit on it.
Tried on the suit. Think I need to trim the neckseal but going to try stretching it over a tank for a couple days first. The biggest issue I had was the zipper doesn't seem as long as my zipper on my bare suit so squeezing myself through that opening took a little work.
Had hood range of motion. Only issue I saw was that the telescoping portion seems really long. Like 3 or 4 extra inches long.
Will hopefully have it in the water in the next two weeks when my tanks get back from hydro.
Cool.

I don't think silicone stretches. I did not cut mine and I'm very glad I didn't. I either got used to it... or maybe I got into affixation, either way it doesn't leak and it doesn't bother me anymore:)

My telescoping torso is also pretty long and squeezing through the zipper is pretty tight. All I can say is that I took my time, haven't ripped anything and it's gotten worlds easier to get on. Either I've learned or there was a break in period. The telescoping torso just gets folded very neatly on itself, I never even notice it's there once done.

The QC that came with mine was sh!te. What @Boarderguy linked is what you want. Check valve and QC all in one. Female goes with the suit.

Enjoy the suit.... if I see you underwater I'll probably think I'm being pulled over:wink:

And just between you and me I "lost" the invoice from the delivery company... never did get another one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom