Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Edit. I found where the huge o rings go. There is a channel on the face on the suit side ring.
Your bayonet lock o rings weren't preinstalled in the suit-side rings? That must be another difference with the latest kits, I think everyone else has had them in the box already connected together with the o-ring already in the channel.

Sorry to everyone else, but we kind of hijacked this Seaskin Nova thread with our Rolock 90 black ring discussion :/

As the above photos have shown, people like me having received the 90-9091 kit are mostly finding the black glove retention rings missing, but some are receiving them (different suppliers maybe?). These black rings are for use with gloves that have a non-removable lining.

Here is the Rolock mfr link to the product, and confirmation of the "90-9091" kit number which shows both the blue and black rings included: Rolock 90 – Rolock. The black rings by themselves are (Rolock pn: 90-9902).

I received my kit from DGX with everything shown except the black delrin rings. No extra 96mm o-rings for the channel on the face on the suit side ring, and none expected. Odd someone did receive those.

DGX did promise that the supplier (Rolock?) would send me some black rings but I haven't heard anything further. I don't need those rings at the moment, but expected this kit complete with all shown.

Rolock 90-9091 product page image:
1712598573023.png

The DGX product page also shows both rings as part of the kit...
1712600139720.jpeg

Edit - the plot thickens! I also ordered another set of blue glove mount rings from DGX. They are super easy to work with and were able to put through a special order even though they don't list just the glove mount rings as an accessory on their site. Guess what came in the package with the spare blue rings? Yep!

17125991945209112419888521896271.jpg

Edit - the plot thickens! I also ordered another set of blue glove mount rings from DGX. They are super easy to work with and were able to put through a special order even though they don't list just the glove mount rings as an accessory on their site. Guess what came in the package with the spare blue rings? Yep!
So bizarre. You'd think ordering the blue rings, you'd maybe get the matching o-rings too, but not the black rings and no o-rings :O

FWIW, you can get both types of orings needed for the Rolock 90 setup from Oringsandmore.com. I ordered 5 of each.

Metric Buna  O-rings 96 x 2.5mm Minimum 3 pcs
Metric Buna O-rings 96 x 2.5mm Minimum 3 pcs

9625MMB70

Brand: Generic

$0.46 USD​
5​
Metric Buna  O-rings 70 x 3mm Minimum 4 pcs
Metric Buna O-rings 70 x 3mm Minimum 4 pcs

703MMB70

Brand: Generic

$0.27 USD​

So bizarre. You'd think ordering the blue rings, you'd maybe get the matching o-rings too, but not the black rings and no o-rings :O

FWIW, you can get both types of orings needed for the Rolock 90 setup from Oringsandmore.com. I ordered 5 of each.
Thats a really good price! I already have a couple things in my cart at mcmaster-carr so I added a pack of the 70x3 buna rings there, will probably be about the same since I'm going to be paying for shipping when I submit that order anyway later in the month.

Far more likely that I'd need spares for the cuff-to-glove ring "bayonet" o rings in the future. The ones for mounting gloves don't really do anything other than push through the glove to make the glove itself the sealing surface.

Your bayonet lock o rings weren't preinstalled in the suit-side rings? That must be another difference with the latest kits, I think everyone else has had them in the box already connected together with the o-ring already in the channel.
Mine weren't installed. I guess the USA supplier is just saving time when making up the kits.

I received my kit from DGX with everything shown except the black delrin rings. No extra 96mm o-rings for the channel on the face on the suit side ring, and none expected. Odd someone did receive those.
Hi, they weren't extra o-rings. They just weren't pre-installed. I was confused because all the set up videos only showed installing the o-rings on the glove retaining ring.

Hopefully last post on this... so DGX is arranging to ship the black rings to me. Based on correspondence with DGX, they apparently will get these rings from Max @ Cavemax.com. Not certain, but seems logical they may have got the kits from that same source as well.

Subsequently, DGX is updating their website "per Rolock to remove the black ring as part of the package. You can still purchase them separately; however, they are no longer part of the package.".

IMO, your results may vary depending on where you buy and their sourcing. As I mentioned previously today, Rolock still shows the 90-9091 kit including both blue and black rings.

Thats a really good price! I already have a couple things in my cart at mcmaster-carr so I added a pack of the 70x3 buna rings there, will probably be about the same since I'm going to be paying for shipping when I submit that order anyway later in the month.

Far more likely that I'd need spares for the cuff-to-glove ring "bayonet" o rings in the future. The ones for mounting gloves don't really do anything other than push through the glove to make the glove itself the sealing surface.
If you are at mcmaster-carr then I would guess you are there to order pee quick connects. If you have the hard wound Sitech Trigon hose, be sure to get a slightly smaller 5/16" barb for the hose side and a 3/8" barb for the catheter side. I got the 3/8" barb for both and had a bitch of a time getting the 3/8" barb into the hose - succeeded by using some dish soap as lube. Found this issue mentioned in the forum afterward, par for course, and the suggestion to use 5/16" :/

Hopefully last post on this... so DGX is arranging to ship the black rings to me. Based on correspondence with DGX, they apparently will get these rings from Max @ Cavemax.com. Not certain, but seems logical they may have got the kits from that same source as well.

Subsequently, DGX is updating their website "per Rolock to remove the black ring as part of the package. You can still purchase them separately; however, they are no longer part of the package.".

IMO, your results may vary depending on where you buy and their sourcing. As I mentioned previously today, Rolock still shows the 90-9091 kit including both blue and black rings.
I got the same email but was told the black rings were being shipped to DGX and they would be sent out. I got the order number and everything.

DGX site now:

• Note: Black inner rings (similar to the blue rings) DO NOT come with this system
  • Black inner inner rings are only used with a specific type of rubber gloves that have an inner insulation layer
  • Black rings are sold separately (SFT-9902 Black Ring for Glove Mounting - cost $20.00 per pair)

Back
Top Bottom