Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Regardless, I think we can all agree the duties process is kind of a crapshoot that will never make logical sense. You're charged a different rate on your 150 versus 250 undergarments, and a higher duty % on pocket sewn onto the suspenders than the suit itself? Thankfully, they apply the lowest duty % to the most expensive item, and that seems pretty consistent.
I ordered the "Braces pocket" just because I thought it was kind of an interesting thing, but not needed, especially when the SS undergarments already have a zippered chest pocket good enough for a set of car keys/fob (in a zip locked baggie). The braces pocket optionally snaps inline, into the same front fastener as the shoulder strap. Not a necessary item at all or any idea why its duty fee rate is so high (17%) compared to the other non-clothing miscellaneous items on the list.

I ordered the "Braces pocket" just because I thought it was kind of an interesting thing, but not needed, especially when the SS undergarments already have a zippered chest pocket good enough for a set of car keys/fob (in a zip locked baggie). The braces pocket optionally snaps inline, into the same front fastener as the shoulder strap. Not a necessary item at all.
Ahh, thanks for clarifying, missed that nuance. Most often I'll separate the fob and just bring the little metal key that pops out of it, so I'm not worried about water or pressure, but that's not an option for some vehicles.

What are the symptoms you're getting from these? Damp legs? The SS undergarments almost always have a bit of sheen after diving but I attribute that to the plastic bag affect. Never a "wet" feeling through them.
I dive Weezle Extreme +, but also want to believe in the plastic bag affect at first... but wet underpants and feeling cold at the chest force me to search leaks in the drysuit))

Just for the record - one more hole in the crotch area
View attachment 834987
So you believe that this is because you had the crotch reinforcement installed, correct?

How many hours or dive do you have on the suit?

Yes, I believe so.
Unfortunately I don't log dives, but guess something around 70 as for now

It must just be a fluke. I got all the reinforcements and I'm around 80-85 dives and don't have any issues so far.

I do get the plastic bag effect, it's never really drysuit diving, it's just dryer than people that are wet and warmer than a wetsuit. The only time I'm really dry is when it's freezing cold out and there's low humidity.

DFid you ever contact SS about it or just fix it as it comes? After the 2nd leak I'd be tempted to pull that seam off and reseal it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom