Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you all to clear my doubts..
I confess I had wax on my plastic zip🤫 because this is my first dry suit and I just read the manual and used what I found on the bag.
Now what I can do yo clean it?

It would be so simple to sell the nova with grease and not wax on plastic zip suit.

Just use an old toothbrush to remove the wax carefully if there is excess.

This morning I use a toothbrush as suggested...and I did a dive,

No leak from zip .

Thank you all

No, unless the YKK is different than my TiZip, on which you only grease the docking end with silicone, the plastic zip needs no lube.

I would have sworn the TiZip instructions that came with my suit said to put some lube every 10cm or so along the plastic zipper. That is what I do, and I'm pretty sure I only started doing that because I read it in the instructions.

My Nova came with the TiZip lube, not the beeswax.

I think Seaskin just has somebody a little clueless that handles the final packaging for shipment and does not always put the right bits with the suit.

I would have sworn the TiZip instructions that came with my suit said to put some lube every 10cm or so along the plastic zipper. That is what I do, and I'm pretty sure I only started doing that because I read it in the instructions.

I think Seaskin just has somebody a little clueless that handles the final packaging for shipment and does not always put the right bits with the suit.

Suit monkeys... close cousin of the tank monkeys:)

I would have sworn the TiZip instructions that came with my suit said to put some lube every 10cm or so along the plastic zipper.
Tizip comes with instruction below
1648374994413.png

I think Seaskin just has somebody a little clueless

That is very terrible, O3 staff are much higher caliber and don't do such stupid things, BUT, you get what you paid for as they say.

That is very terrible, O3 staff are much higher caliber and don't do such stupid things, BUT, you get what you paid for as they say.
Oh for crying out loud, Burhan. I guess I SHOULD have paid double for my suit so I wouldn't accidentally have someone send me an unnecessary tube of 3c lubricant.

So it means.. I got the wrong item with my nove, unfortunately I'm not a dry suit veteran that has the knowledge on it.
I'm just a normal scuba diver who wants to dive on cold water.

the manual never mention different between brass and plastic is simply written:

The out side of the zip teeth should be rubbed down with the wax provided with
the suit. The inside zip elements (where the seal is formed) should be lubricated with
the special fluid

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom