Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Same like me, I ordered on March 3rd, dispatch June 6th and no tracking number received until June 10th. I sent an email and got a quick response that they will look into it. No more reply. So I sent another email and urged them to check for the reason, cause I needed it on June 15th (tomorrow). They told me that the Apeks RK3 HD super and socks undergarment were not available at the moment. I canceled them and they shipped it. Bought my fins from a local store. Problem is that until today customs in Germany hold back my package which means that I most likely won´t be getting it before I will be leaving for my diving holidays tomorrow afternoon. That really bothers me a lot because water temperature is expected to be around 12-15 degrees Celsius...

Ah... that stinks. Hope the dives were still good.

I called and they said they'd check on it and get back to me. Emailed me the next day. Once we had a dialog going through email it was smooth and responsive. I received my suit yesterday and everything's good. I'm very happy with the suit. It'll be a couple of weeks before I can dive it, but I'm really excited to get it wet.

I think the takeaway for other people ordering is, once you get to your proposed date or shortly after... depending on how anxious/patient you are... go straight for the phone and skip email. You may end up communicating through email anyway, but the conversation starts over phone.

Ah... that stinks. Hope the dives were still good.

I called and they said they'd check on it and get back to me. Emailed me the next day. Once we had a dialog going through email it was smooth and responsive. I received my suit yesterday and everything's good. I'm very happy with the suit. It'll be a couple of weeks before I can dive it, but I'm really excited to get it wet.

I think the takeaway for other people ordering is, once you get to your proposed date or shortly after... depending on how anxious/patient you are... go straight for the phone and skip email. You may end up communicating through email anyway, but the conversation starts over phone.
Any idea how long it takes to get to a proposed date? I placed my order June 14 and the status is still showing as processing. I'm not sure if I need to follow up to get a target delivery date or if they will let me know.

Any idea how long it takes to get to a proposed date? I placed my order June 14 and the status is still showing as processing. I'm not sure if I need to follow up to get a target delivery date or if they will let me know.
For my most recent order, the proposed date email came within 2-3 days, but that wasn't a drysuit order (undergarments and a ton of accessories). The order showed "procrssing" until they finally shipped it. For my actual drysuit, I think it came after a day or two but that was 3 years ago...

The website doesn't update. I have suit in hand and the site still says processing.

I got an email about a week after ordering with an attached PDF sales order. That PDF had the proposed date. The email was from a person, not the info@ or sales@. Check your spam filter. Give it a couple more days. If you don't hear anything, call don't email.

Finally got my suit on June 20th. Suit itself looks great. Without undergarments a bit too loose around the upper body, but still good (ordered extra space). Used the same measurements for undergarments and must say that the 250g version feels a bit too tight around the chest (probably because of my gym workout) but otherwise fits perfectly. The shorty 150g fits really great and makes my suit feel less loose. Neoprene socks feel slightly big but once inside the Aqualung Evo4 (which btw. are a bit too big with normal socks on) they fit really well. This combination works for me.
Also got two bottles of talcum powder and one bar of beeswax for free.
I might bring my 250g for altering, might be troublesome to reach the valves properly like that. Kubi rings actually look smaller than expected....like them.

This thread sold me on a Seaskin over an Azdry (especially as it's been a pain in the backside to find somewhere which stocks their suits for under £1,500).

Telescopic front entry; Quick Neck and SLAGGO seals with neoprene warmneck; socks; reinforcement everywhere but the elbows; single bellows pocket and computer wrist straps (couldn't see myself needing more than one pocket, I don't carry enough kit for it).

Now to just find a decent entry/mid level set of cold water regs and I'm sorted

This thread sold me on a Seaskin over an Azdry (especially as it's been a pain in the backside to find somewhere which stocks their suits for under £1,500).

Telescopic front entry; Quick Neck and SLAGGO seals with neoprene warmneck; socks; reinforcement everywhere but the elbows; single bellows pocket and computer wrist straps (couldn't see myself needing more than one pocket, I don't carry enough kit for it).

Now to just find a decent entry/mid level set of cold water regs and I'm sorted
While you can add a second pocket later, I'd add it right away. Even if you don't carry a lot of equipment now, you might soon add an item or two and it's really nice to be able to distribute stuff based on function / frequency of use. At least that's been my experience and I only started diving dry last fall. I actually wish I'd gone with bigger pockets... 🙄

While you can add a second pocket later, I'd add it right away. Even if you don't carry a lot of equipment now, you might soon add an item or two and it's really nice to be able to distribute stuff based on function / frequency of use. At least that's been my experience and I only started diving dry last fall. I actually wish I'd gone with bigger pockets... 🙄
£30 for a bellow pocket, £60 for two.. On a £600+ suit? Why wouldn't you get pockets, they're priced at around the cost to buy them unattached, and include the labor/time to put them on. If you're gonna get a customizable suit at this value, unless you are seriously needing the money, it's a no-brainer to get a lot of the cheap accessories to make it rival a $2000-3000 suit with similar functionality.

Back
Top Bottom