Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can we discuss the undergarments or should I start a new post.. or is their one and my search skills are south?

If so.. first question out the gate. If I ordered it today... lets say the 150undergarment. Any idea on time to be sent and get here?
No idea on lead time for just undergarments. I ordered some extra seals and nik nacks that took about 2 weeks to get here.

Why though? Still at a loss for this.
When I ordered mine I remember that the elastic was recommended if the chest (bust) measurement was more than 8 cm greater than the waist measurement, so it would end up mostly women.

Sure, np. Mine do not seem to slip ever. Sometimes my right shoulder falls off, but even that hasn't happened in a while. I have mine pretty tight.

Attachments

• received_679844700563152.jpeg
    received_679844700563152.jpeg
    47.1 KB · Views: 45
  • received_1531220217407553.jpeg
    received_1531220217407553.jpeg
    39.5 KB · Views: 41
  • received_2151988571678850.jpeg
    received_2151988571678850.jpeg
    45.2 KB · Views: 43
  • received_3423461947917234.jpeg
    received_3423461947917234.jpeg
    42.3 KB · Views: 44
Mine are on right ways. But they still slip out and come loose sometimes. Or, they did until I put tri-slides on. Same for the crotch strap.
Mine are too. Ordered 3 sets of tri-slides - 20mm & 25mm for the crotch strap (too lazy to measure as suit is packed away) and 40mm for the braces as I upgraded to 40mm option.
25mm or 40mm?
Upgraded versions are 40mm
I’ve never had trouble with the braces slipping out of that clip, when does that happen? The plastic zip is definitely robust enough…the early plastic zips were not.
Happened during a dive and the legs were slouching when I got off the boat - the crotch strap had also loosened off. Zip seemed to be under a bit of pressure with the top half of the suit removed at surface interval. Just need to be careful I don't rip the little tab at the end of the zip.
Sure, just turn off the valve, and remove the hose.

I agree with the above that you should try to figure out what the problem is, as having the pee valve accessible makes life on a boat or very long dives so much better.

If done correctly, all you should feel is some initial nervousness about letting go.
It's not really a problem as such, more I don't need it just at the minute. I'm a new diver diving single tank and short dives until I can manage my gas better.

Sure, np. Mine do not seem to slip ever. Sometimes my right shoulder falls off, but even that hasn't happened in a while. I have mine pretty tight.
That's how mine are set up and they slip. I've a temporary knot in them and the crotch strap until I get the tri-slides fitted.

That's how mine are set up and they slip. I've a temporary knot in them and the crotch strap until I get the tri-slides fitted.
That's really interesting... and you're 100% sure? My buddy didn't know he had his backwards.. he just thought they were crap and slip and when I told him that mine did not slip he asked me to send him pics.

Odd that the same clip the same way slips out of both for you and not for me. Again, I have mine pulled pretty tight so there is a lot of tension to go against the teeth.

I'm going to check mine against your photos next time I'm checking my suit. Mine slip all the time. It's a fairly minor frustration, but still. Mine slip both when I'm wearing it and when it's bagged for transport. They've slipped out fully a few times in the bag, so it's totally possible I just re-threaded them wrong.
Otherwise, I'll take stuartv's tip and put a triglide on them. Can't believe I didn't think of that 🤦‍♂️

I upgraded to the larger braces. Maybe the larger ones are less prone to slipping.

Maybe you should keep that ruler, I've got a pretty good idea where you can stick it😜🤣...jk

Ha! :) Mine on my Nova are the wider ones, too.

For some reason, on the Ultra, they don't offer the wider braces as an option.

I’ve never had trouble with the braces slipping out of that clip, when does that happen? The plastic zip is definitely robust enough…the early plastic zips were not.

I think it's when I let the tension off of them that they will slip. E.g. they are tight, but I bend down and it relaxes the tension on them.

I think if they were pulled so tight that they always have tension on them, then they would probably not slip. But, I don't like them THAT tight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom