Seriously Thinking

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

naturewalker36

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I Have Been Thinking Last Couple Of Months On Learning To Cave Dive. I Have Talked Myself Into It And Out Of It . How Does One Know If This Is For Them . I Do Understand The Risks . Any Thoughts Or Comments Would Be Greatfull .

The cave could collapse and make u a pancake?

Stingray Brett:
The cave could collapse and make u a pancake?

Come on now, thats enough of that. I you want to go for it and you think you have what it takes then by all means give it a shot. I'm guessing to do cave diving you have to be as cool as ice and be the most level headed person who can multi-task really well.

I suggest taking a cavern class. Its a great introduction to overhead environments, and the skills you learn are the foundation to becoming a good cave diver. If you don't like what you see, all you lose is your course fee, yet you gain experience, skill and knowlege.

i'm to claustrophpobic for it i think. never done it, but i actually wake up at night sometimes from nightmares of cave diving. i wanted to try it but i guess i thought to much about it or maybe i'm nuts?

dano

Like PfcAJ said- take cavern. You can decide later if you want to do cave. I've got cavern in Sept with Jim Wyatt. I am really looking foreward to that!

Yup, PcfAJ is right...... cavern is the way to go. It will tell you if it is something for you. Then when you progress, you will learn a lot about safe cave diving and yourself...........

I can vouch for Jim Wyatt, excellent instructor choice and very nice man overall.

Meng_Tze:
I can vouch for Jim Wyatt, excellent instructor choice and very nice man overall.
I am biased, as Jim Wyatt gave me two kegs of beer one night. :D

If you do end up deciding to take a cavern course, take it from a cave instructor who regularily teaches cave diving.

Take cavern. If you still wan´t to see what´s "around the bend", take cave.

"Worst case" you find out you like it and get to spend a whole lot of more time, effort and money getting into it.
"Best case" you take a fairly cheap course, get a few days of quality instruction and come out of it a better diver...

make sure you take cavern with someone who teaches full cave and tell them that´s where you may be heading...

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom