Setting up harness for Deep6 bp/w

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ioncloud9

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey guys I just bought an Aluminum Deep 6 backplate, tank straps, and harness. Their wings are currently sold out so this is what I was able to get. So there are many parts and pieces to the harness and I think I've got the shoulder straps figured out, but there are no clear instructions for what some of these parts are for and setting up the belt buckle. I haven't been able to find any videos on how to setup this specific harness. Ultimately I might have to return this backplate for unrelated reasons, but I want to figure out the proper way to setup this system.

This is my first bp/w setup as I decided to go this route instead of a jacket bcd.

It's a little intimidating. I went through the same thing last year. Weaving the harness is not that bad. Making all the changes until you get it perfect for you sucks. My straps are still stiff and moving, removing, adding d rings, weight pockets, utility pockets, etc is a pain. Mine is close...

The end result is worth it. You'll be amazed your first dive at the difference in trim and buoyancy control.

Merry Christmas and good luck.
Jay

Last edited:
It's a little intimidating. I went through the same thing last year. Weaving the harness is not that bad. Make it all the changes until you get it perfect for you sucks. My straps are still stiff and moving, removing, adding d rings, weight pockets, utility pockets, etc is a pain. Mine is close...

The end result is worth it. You'll be amazed your first dive at the difference in trim and buoyancy control.

Merry Christmas and good luck.
Jay
I guess the hard part is figuring all of this out, and then convincing my girlfriend to journey down the rabbit hole with me. I think she wants a standard jacket but tends to defer to my judgement on these things. I just don't know if she is willing to spend the money on it.

... convincing my girlfriend to journey down the rabbit hole with me. I think she wants a standard jacket but tends to defer to my judgement on these things. I just don't know if she is willing to spend the money on it.

Hmmm..... Your rabbit hole ... Your Money????? I'm not saying it's a bad thing for her to do, but if you convince her to do it... I'm just (not) sayin'

Cheers - M²

Hmmm..... Your rabbit hole ... Your Money????? I'm not saying it's a bad thing for her to do, but if you convince her to do it... I'm just (not) sayin'

Cheers - M²

Part of the problem is the rentals she has used have never quite fit her right. She is a pretty normal sized woman: 5'5", 125lbs. But even the XSmalls werent quite right. One of the huge advantages I found in this system is how you can get it to fit just right. Also its pretty lightweight and you don't need as much lead to sink.

I just got my first BPW from Deep 6 a week ago. Found a coupon code on here and got 35% off so couldn't resist. I read a lot and watched quite a few videos and I think I have got it set up pretty close. My main reason going this route is to try to get my luggage to carry-on only. I will know in 7 weeks how it works out.

I just got my first BPW from Deep 6 a week ago. Found a coupon code on here and got 35% off so couldn't resist. I read a lot and watched quite a few videos and I think I have got it set up pretty close. My main reason going this route is to try to get my luggage to carry-on only. I will know in 7 weeks how it works out.

Did you purchase the weight system that attaches to the belt?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom