Setting up my equipment for black water fossil diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have to add a few lines. When diving on a rope you either need to dive away from the line tender (line running straight back) or the line tender must walk along the shore. In other cases you'll do circles.

If you do not use rope then you need to use both hands and try to maintain the course when pulling yourself forward.

Thank you all for the fantastic advice and for emphasizing the challenges and risks posed by diving in zero visibility in water. I am most certainly going to take these things into account as I proceed. Does anyone have pictures of the devices used to prevent debris from entering into the alternate air source during the dive?

Go to Divegearexpress.com & Leisurepro.com....They have several that have a 'universal' fit for mouth pieces.......There's one that is made of elastic....Simple, inexpensive and easy to use.....

I like the idea of your octo bungeed around your neck. I do this with my pony reg when using it. On normal (not blackwater river) solo dives with sand & silt I just tuck the octo under my BC's stomach strap. Not a good idea if with a buddy. But you don't need a $100+ reg repair job.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom