Solo diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow. This thread seems to have taken a sharp turn from the original post.
See my post from many pages back:
Awesome. Since you got the point you should be good to go. However, FYI, expect this thread to continue with some good old-fashioned dead horse beating.

:deadhorse:

Have we started arguing about what we can call our slung tank yet?

Yes. But it depends on what you're doing to do. Are you going to be diving solo at those same spots you've dived 1,000 times? I am rapidly approaching the Big 1K and have dived in quite a few varied locations-- boat, shore, calm, surf, currents, salt, fresh, etc. But the last 5 years has pretty much been the same 15 shallow shore sites at home and 4-5 in Connecticut. I think I'm OK going solo there.
A mi tambien, pero…

This solo discussion is getting mired in not delineating non-similar conditions and environments.

I have maybe 20% of my 6ooo (?) done off of South Roatan (Coco View), where all profiles look to me, the same. Yes, i feel very comfortable doing WWPF solo dives (std rec diver config) in what i see as a predictable environment. No entanglement, no current, average depth of dive 45’, the air is just up that way. I have long ago lost count of the number of solo dives I’ve done off Roatan.

I was with a bunch of Brits in the Red Sea, and while they drank each night, I would solo (w/ an alu 90) under the LOB, within a few hundred feet. It might have been a calculated risk balanced against the increasingly drunken mispronunciation of English by my pissed-up British dive buddies.

I did learn about an Ocean Trigger… all on my own, at night, solo.

My wife has a large number of logged dives (12oo+), most WWPF. To the point of previous posts, she is not ”an advanced diver”. Yet, she is so comfortable on CCV’s shore dive, she has broken off from night dive groups and gone back in solo on shore diving, a number of times.

From some of her butt-puckering epiphanies, I believe that she is an example of:

Familiarity breeds” -Frank Zappa and/or Murphy’s Law

Clips from Monty Python are underutilized considering how often they are applicable to various threads.

Yep..... I get that because lawyers don't give a ratt's ass as to blame or justice or truth. They just want their pay day as it relates to who they are representing.

For those that feel that MC riders must be required to wear a helmet......how would you feel about a law that requires ALL persons operating any car or any truck to also wear a helmet? Wouldn't that also result in far less head injuries that result from the thousands of car wrecks every day?

Sure, why not. We're already required to wear seatbelts.
So moving forward will you be wearing a helmet every time you drive your car? Wouldn't that help to prevent head injuries and be the smart and responsible thing to do for you and your family?

Back
Top Bottom