Several manufacturers missing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

emoreira

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
At least two of them, whose gear can be seen in almost any dive trip, at least here in South America :
IST (IST) and Canon (Canon U.S.A)
Specially the last one because there is a Canon corner in the underwater photography section.
Too bad out of them.

There are some very big names conspicuously absent from this forum. Two that I'm currently shopping or at least considering: Scubapro and Atomic.

I get the impression that Atomic products are very well regarded (as they should be, since they seem to come at a premium price point - at least for regs). What I don't have much of a sense of is their reputation for customer service (hint: they could score some points there by having a presence here - but ultimately how they treat their paying customers is more important than answering questions here).

Scubapro seems like another obvious brand that should be here. I've got some very basic questions about some of their gear that I'm considering, and my local dive shop just shrugs when I asked them those simple questions. Sure wish there was some reasonable source of information on their stuff. Besides asking others here (which I've done), anybody know a way to get a hold of Scubapro and get them to answer a couple simple questions about their stuff?

Scubapro is really missing...

Scubapro is really missing...

Scubapro and a few others have an image to maintain. Without that image, divers might see that they are just another scuba manufacturer/distributor.

Unlike ScubaPro and many other manufacturers, Atomic is happy to respond to phone calls or emails. That's why they post their contact info on their website.

Unlike ScubaPro and many other manufacturers, Atomic is happy to respond to phone calls or emails. That's why they post their contact info on their website.

Atomic does not have a US E-mail address on their Web site for sales or support, only for reporting Web site problems.

Atomic Aquatics Inc. Contact Information

I have found their telephone support to be informative, prompt, and courteous; but E-mail would be a better option at times.

BTW, add AquaLung to the list.

It's amazing to me that these last few manufacturers won't join us here. Here's a list of important things to remember about these forums:

They are absolutely FREE. ScubaBoard sees this as a community service.
We reach more divers than any other publication.
Manufacturer's can edit any post or thread.
We only allow the specific manufacturer to be discussed in their forums.
It's a great place to announce New Products and Deals.
It's a great way to show off your customer service.

As potential customers, you can do your part to encourage these manufacturers to join us. Let them know that you want them here and tell them why.

Manufacturer's can edit any post or thread.

Could you elaborate? Could a manufacturer edit an unflattering but accurate post to be flattering? Could they eliminate it without comment or discussion?

…
We only allow the specific manufacturer to be discussed in their forums.

I don’t understand. Specific manufacturers are discussed in other forums all the time.

Atomic does not have a US E-mail address on their Web site for sales or support, only for reporting Web site problems.

Oops, my bad. I usually just call, but somehow I have Darcy's email address and thought I got it off the website.

I asked Darcy a couple of years ago about Atomic coming on board here in an official capacity, so to speak. She was um, non-committal.

Back
Top Bottom