SFO to CZM airfare out of sight!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

+1. Now that flights to the Caribbean are routinely $600+, we find ourselves expanding our scope, traveling farther, and going a lot more interesting places. We're currently planning a trip to Tulamben that will cost (all-in) about the same as previous years' trips to Curacao or St. Martin. Silver lining!
Good attitude. :thumb:

The $300-400 fares were a temporary bargain. I've paid over $500 many times, and will again - if I don't go elsewhere.

+1. Now that flights to the Caribbean are routinely $600+, we find ourselves expanding our scope, traveling farther, and going a lot more interesting places. We're currently planning a trip to Tulamben that will cost (all-in) about the same as previous years' trips to Curacao or St. Martin. Silver lining!

What I started doing is to stay longer on each trip and make fewer trips. I am fortunate since I am retired but I figure rather than several trips I will just take two per year but stay twice as long on each one. It's my way of averaging out the cost of the flight which can then go to the cost of the room and diving.

Saving the cost of one flight can pay for half the added week for one of those trips. And the way it's been going up in cost lately it might even add up to more. If the costs drop I can always add another trip.

Makes sense to me..:idk:

What I started doing is to stay longer on each trip and make fewer trips. I am fortunate since I am retired but I figure rather than several trips I will just take two per year but stay twice as long on each one. It's my way of averaging out the cost of the flight which can then go to the cost of the room and diving
Me too! Buy a house! Amortize the air fare cost over several months.

Airfare from LAX to Coz has jumped 150pp in the last 3 days :( Damn I should have booked, but was waiting for Blue Angel confirmation.....sigh....

Me too! Buy a house! Amortize the air fare cost over several months.

If I was 20 years younger I would definitely consider it.
At this point in life I lean more toward room service (not)..:D

Last edited:
You know, if you are not locked into a specific hotel in Coz, you might try the hotel/air packages that the airlines usually offer. Some amazing deals sometimes come up this way. I was looking at American Airlines for late April travel to Coz from MSP, and the fares were all about 700-750 bucks or more. But when I looked at the package deals, I found 7 nights at the Hotel Bahia (which includes that awesome breakfast buffet at the Casa Mexicana) and round trip air for about $730! That gives you the hotel for free! And there were several other choices available also. If you need a hotel, and most of us do, this might be a way to take some of the sting out of it. Just a thought... Woody

You know, if you are not locked into a specific hotel in Coz, you might try the hotel/air packages that the airlines usually offer. Some amazing deals sometimes come up this way. I was looking at American Airlines for late April travel to Coz from MSP, and the fares were all about 700-750 bucks or more. But when I looked at the package deals, I found 7 nights at the Hotel Bahia (which includes that awesome breakfast buffet at the Casa Mexicana) and round trip air for about $730! That gives you the hotel for free! And there were several other choices available also. If you need a hotel, and most of us do, this might be a way to take some of the sting out of it. Just a thought... Woody
Did you try the $100 Orbitz discount...?

Did you try the $100 Orbitz discount...?

Yeah, I looked at Orbitz, (along with many others:coolingoff:) and even with the Orbitz discount code they were about $100 higher overall than the AA home site. I have noticed this before, but one keeps looking and comparing. You never know... Woody

Yeah, I looked at Orbitz, (along with many others:coolingoff:) and even with the Orbitz discount code they were about $100 higher overall than the AA home site. I have noticed this before, but one keeps looking and comparing. You never know... Woody
That's when I phone Orbitz and ask them to beat the other deal. Worth the free call...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom