Shore diving St Croix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We do our diving with N2theBlue - their shop is at the end of the Pier. We were introduced to them by the son of a friend who worked for them in 2016 and they have become our dive shop of choice. We use Paul for shore dives and Jenny for boat dives and have developed a relationship with them. Even though we had not been diving on the island since last August, they remembered us and what we like to look at (even remembered I normally dive a Kraken double hose and were surprised when I showed up with a conventional rig). Both are great at finding the unusual critters (Bat Fish, Sea Horses, nesting Octopus, ...). Paul is a GoPro user, like my wife and Jenny is a DSLR user, like me - so we wind up talking lots about techniques and improvements.

They also have a boat at Salt River for diving the Canyon/Wall. Friends of ours posted a bunch of pictures on our Private Group Site on Facebook of a large Pod of Dolphins hanging out there last week (I understand there are 3 known Pods that hang out around the island at all times).

We like the fact that they take a maximum of 6 divers on the boat (yes the boat is smaller) - most times we dive the end of the Pier in the afternoon and we are the only divers and the dives last well over an hour.

I forgot about driving on the left. . I am so used to it now, it is automatic, don’t even think about it.

LOL. When we went to St. John via St. Thomas I found driving on the left to be easy - but I wondered why everyone was passing me and giving me dirty looks. Untill I realized the right lane isn't the slow lane - it's the fast lane, whoops.

We are in Frederickstead St Croix now, busy every day, Scuba, snorkel, land action. we dove with Cane Bay for Day and Night Pier, then Bluewater adventures/Ed Buckley for tomorrow morning’s boat/wreck dives. We road ATV’s, Horses, hiked the tide pools, Glass kayaks in the Bio-luminescent Bay, saw so many critters land and sea. Our hotel is half under construction, half full of Electrical Linemen that are still fixing up the island. A cruise ship is due in the morning, should liven up the town.
Wish we could stay another week for all the activities we could not get to.

We are in Frederickstead St Croix now, busy every day, Scuba, snorkel, land action. we dove with Cane Bay for Day and Night Pier, then Bluewater adventures/Ed Buckley for tomorrow morning’s boat/wreck dives. We road ATV’s, Horses, hiked the tide pools, Glass kayaks in the Bio-luminescent Bay, saw so many critters land and sea. Our hotel is half under construction, half full of Electrical Linemen that are still fixing up the island. A cruise ship is due in the morning, should liven up the town.
Wish we could stay another week for all the activities we could not get to.

You won't be able to dive the pier when a cruise ship is in port, but do try to dive it before you leave, have fun!

We already dove it day and night and snorkeled it too. Tomorrow is boat dive to wrecks.
My teens are looking forward to crowds coming as this town is de-populated. I do love Franklins Shop: full of pretty things.

My teens are looking forward to crowds coming as this town is de-populated.

Yeah, I don't know whether I'd call Frederiksted 'sleepy,' but definitely seemed laid back. Did you guys make it to Christiansted? Not exactly party city, but a bit livelier.

Richard.

@drrich2 Ww did get to Christianstead three times, because we got a jeep for driving, so it’s only 30 min. We missed the big reggae concert because we were too tired from Flight Saturday, but visited Forts and shopping and boardwalk with pet Tarpons. We took that spunky jeep up dirt roads to a top of the mountain organic farm and to the end at The point with ocean on three sides. Driving left means i can’t relax for a minute, so no drinking prior to driving. But otherwise, we see a lot more than waiting for cabs to go everywhere.

Just arrived in St. Croix last night and will be diving Cane Bay in...30 mins! Trip report coming shortly. Thanks for all the great advice here.

Back
Top Bottom