Shore

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Butch103

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hey folks ........where is the best place for shore diving......I know Bonaire.......but where else ??? My wife and I want to go away for a holiday and wifey wants to do shore diving.....looking for someplace else other than Bonaire...(I want to go to Bonaire also, just looking for alternatives)....Thanks

As far as I'm concerned, of the places I have dove, Grand Cayman has the second best shore diving behind Bonaire. There are a number of relatively shallow sites all around down town George Town and well as some mini walls up on the north end of the island. And unlike everything else on the island, tank and weight rental are fairly cheap. Don Foster's charges $8 US per tank for the wreck of the Cali and Eden Rock charges comparable ($10 per tank - nitrox) for Eden Rock/Devils Grotto.

Of the places that I've been to but haven't dove or done shore dives, I hear Curacao is very similar to Bonaire. We went there on a day trip from Bonaire, but didn't do any diving.

Also, Maui is supposed to have a number of good shore dive sites. We only snorkeled from shore and it was really nice and you can dive Molokini crater (this is a boat dive, but well worth the ride) I plan on going back there this January to specifically check out the shore diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom