Should I trust divers-supply.com?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't expect a timely response to emails from Diver-Supply. If they are out of stock of an item in your order they will hold the whole order and not answer your emails.

Have some cheap stuff on clearance if you are very big or very small.

Their Sea Elite wetsuits fall apart from the experience of 2 we purchased.

Don't expect a timely response to emails from Diver-Supply. If they are out of stock of an item in your order they will hold the whole order and not answer your emails.

Have some cheap stuff on clearance if you are very big or very small.

Their Sea Elite wetsuits fall apart from the experience of 2 we purchased.

My experience has been that Divers Supply will ship everything in your order that is in stock and ship the rest of the order when it is in stock. I've never had them hold in-stock items waiting for out-of-stock stuff to come in. But, then, I'm in the US and shipping costs aren't as high as for international orders.

While it is true that they are slow to answer emails but all you have to do is pick up the phone and call them.

I order a lot of stuff from Divers Supply. They have never held up shipment of in-stock items while waiting for back orders. They are a great place to deal with.

I found something I've been looking for on this site. Should I order from them? Are they a good place?

I'm getting a GEnesis Athena or Sirene, if anyone's wondering. I need a Small.

I have been very happy with the service they provide. I have used them maybe a dozen time over the last 4 years.... I have had to return something to them for warranty and it reasonably painless. Prices are good and the customer service reps helpful...

Cheers,
Roger

We have purchased several items from DS with no problems at all.

Actually, if there's a store near you, you can get even better prices at the local store than on the web site.

Just canceled an order they were sitting on because one item is out of stock. They didn't / wouldn't specify which item it was so couldn't pick an alternate. They have taken 3 to 4 days before shipping other orders as well. I think they handle international orders differently to Domestic.
Thanks for the suggestion to phone them. I would never have thought of getting up in the middle of the night to make an international phone call that costs as much as several items in the order.

Just canceled an order they were sitting on because one item is out of stock. They didn't / wouldn't specify which item it was so couldn't pick an alternate. They have taken 3 to 4 days before shipping other orders as well. I think they handle international orders differently to Domestic.
Thanks for the suggestion to phone them. I would never have thought of getting up in the middle of the night to make an international phone call that costs as much as several items in the order.

:D I see your point!

:D I see your point!

No worries.

I am sure if it was practical to get on the phone to them it would be easy to sort orders quickly and avoid the misunderstandings that happen through the typed word. They just don't do email well. They need a separate email address for current orders so they can deal with them as a priority.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom