Should Rename This Forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blindref757

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
To the BP/Wing Forum. Am I like the only diver in the world that isn't using a BPW Setup?

blindref757:
To the BP/Wing Forum. Am I like the only diver in the world that isn't using a BPW Setup?
I assume the question is rhetorical.

First of all, the BP/W is a BC. So discussion of it belongs right here.

Second of all, you are correct that there are a disproportionately large percentage of BP/W vrs. BC posts on ScubaBoard. But if you just glance at the titles of the first three pages (I just did), you'll see lots of discussion of jacket style BCs. Even in the PB/W threads, there is usually someone who jumps in and says that only an idiot would strap a hunk of steel to their back and a balloon with no pockets for recreational dives instead of a nice jacket.

May I suggest that if you would like to talk about jacket style BCs, you start a thread about them? If you do a search in this forum, you'll find hundreds of threads on jackets with thousands of posts.

Rick Inman:
I assume the question is rhetorical.

First of all, the BP/W is a BC. So discussion of it belongs right here.

Second of all, you are correct that there are a disproportionately large percentage of BP/W vrs. BC posts on ScubaBoard. But if you just glance at the titles of the first three pages (I just did), you'll see lots of discussion of jacket style BCs. Even in the PB/W threads, there is usually someone who jumps in and says that only an idiot would strap a hunk of steel to their back and a balloon with no pockets for recreational dives instead of a nice jacket.

May I suggest that if you would like to talk about jacket style BCs, you start a thread about them? If you do a search in this forum, you'll find hundreds of threads on jackets with thousands of posts.
well rick, i cant even help the guy anymore either, i just retired my sherwood avid (jacket bc) and bought the dive-rite bp/wing, so i guess another one bites the dust,lol.

Now don't be forgetting The Clan of the Rear-Inflate BCD's! It ain't all jackets and BP/Wings!

To me there are two types of jacket BC users.

Those that haven't seen the light yet.

Those that are to stubborn to admit that they have seen the light.

:D

Quarrior:
To me there are two types of jacket BC users.

Those that haven't seen the light yet.

Those that are to stubborn to admit that they have seen the light.

:D
ROFL, cant argue that , i LOVE my new bp/wing, how did i use that jacket style so long i will never know!!!! lol

blindref757:

Yep, pretty much everyone else has made the switch :)

Some of just prefer a jacket style BCD over a wing. It sure beats the horse collar we used when I was taught. Maybe you wing users have just lost your way and decided to put a couple of ballons on your back. Or it's just that you have spent too much time in Norfork or Mine Lamont!!!!

Although I use a BP/W my dive partners still use jackets. Nothing wrong with them, if that's what they like so be it. Another reason for the disproportional number of posts about BP/W setup is just that, it is refered to a BP/W. When jacket type BC's are refered to in posts they are usually cited by manufacturer, theryby subdividing the catagory. But my Dive rite SS plate with Venture wing and deluxe harness, and my Custom manufactured SS plate with a DiveRite Classic wing and standard harness are simply both refered to as BP/W setups yet to look at them they are very different. Indeed there are thousands of different combonations of BP/W setups that are all lumped into one catagory, not so with jackets. It's either a ScubaPro, a SeaQuest, a Zeagle, or something else.

So don't feel like an outcast because you have a jacket. (OK, I think your weird because of it but I don't matter). Even some of us BP/W'ers still dive with you jacket folk, your OK in my logbook.

Ken

Quarrior:
To me there are two types of jacket BC users. ... Those that haven't seen the light yet. ... Those that are to stubborn to admit that they have seen the light.
And those of us who are of limited funds and would rather spend the money going diving than getting new gear. :)

Willie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom