Show me your face SB'ers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catherine96821:
well, shoot. anybody else out there??? hahaha. wow, I thought I was home free.

there comes a point in life where you have to throw it out to the universe.

I am going to Bali come hell or high water. They should have kennels for teenagers....like a rehab center where they get locked down, but for normal kids whose parents are going on vacation.

well, as far as photos go, I have had untrue things said about me pretty often so I always try to give others the benefit of the doubt, you know? The other thing is, even so...if someone has a strong marriage, something like that would not really make a difference, don't you think?

My relatives would not do it in a million years. Honestly, my daughter can outsmart almost anybody. I don't know what to do sometimes. I am just thankful she hasn't decided to rob banks. Thanks Miss, for the thread, I will look for clues and tips!

Love the idea for kennels. :rofl2:

As for benefit of the doubt - definitely. Especially when someone is young - absolutely - we are all not perfect - we make mistakes and we learn from them. I, like others, have certainly made mistakes in my lifetime which I am thankful to have had friends point out. This is how we mature and grow.

As for strong marriage - hmmm, I don't know that is iffy and per situation. I mean what context are we speaking of? Looking at a nudie that came across the computer, well what can you say? OTOH, a person whom you know asks say JB, for instance, if he would like to see their pics, well ... some see that as disrespectful. Anyway this subject is beating a dead horse so I shan't say anything more on the subject.

Well gotta run to the dive shop need nitrox for tomorrow.

Have a wonderful day and goodluck with the kidlet :wink:

Jcsgt:
Catherine, seriously, does she have a friend she can stay with? A friend with parents whom you trust and are responsible?

This is a great option. As you said though Catherine she is smart so they may try and sneak back to the house to party.

Being a teenager myself (16) im not roudy and wouldnt do anything 'bad' if my parents left (would definatly invite some friends over, get some pizza and movies that kinda thing).. but most of the people i know.. if there parents went out for an extended period of time (longer than a day or 2) they would deffinatly have a party.. I think leaving her at a friends house would be a good idea, or have someone checking in on her would be good... Not knowing your daughter i can't really say much... but from 'expierence' (at least here anyways) there would most likely be a party, probably alcohol the possibility of drugs (depending on who gets invited... you know the big chain -- you invite a friend who invites a friend etc.)... then again she might be perfectly fine and nothing happens..

EDIT: haha funny that my post # is my house # :O

My parents have never left me alone in my house for longer than a day (and i dont think they ever will) -- even for 1 day they were all worried (they are super old fashioned and all that other stuff teenagers whine about.. i love my parents i just wish they would be more "modern" sometimes and stop living in the 60's)... but even if they did i have an older brother and sister (20 and 22) that would 'look after me' and make sure everything is ok..

EDIT 2: What about a neighbour?.. ask them to keep an eye on the house and make sure everything is ok?

catherine96821:
well, shoot. anybody else out there??? hahaha. wow, I thought I was home free.

there comes a point in life where you have to throw it out to the universe.

My middle name is Universe*. I could use a vacation... err...change of scenery... uhh... new career. I assure you my rates are very reasonable. All I ask is for airfare, living expenses and access to a compressor.

*My middle name is not actually Universe.

hahahheheeh. You guys are the greatest...all of you. thanks for the moral support and laughs.

Now that I think about it, why do I need a job, anyway? Jeez it's hard to say no to Hawaii. Damned bills, anyway!

ThatsSomeBadHatHarry:
i'll do it for dive hook-ups and twice-baked potatoes.

Harry, you are not really an adult yet are you?....I know you pass the "no Pit Bulls test!" :D I mean a cute twenty year old guy might not be the best babysitter for a 17 yr old girl.

You can come visit anytime though...your girlfriend is in school here at HPU, right?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom