Show me your pics taken with your S90 or S95

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

haha.. its entirely up to you, you know. Its just a familiar feeling when I was looking for my first housing and with how much information you require before a purchase, you seem like the type who would still dwell on it even after pulling the trigger. Consider how often you dive, and how quickly you outgrow equipment. From my experience, just go with the best you can AFFORD and chances are you wont regret it. There's this saying:

"Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten."

you have hit the nail on the head, i do agonize over buying things. going be bit sexist here - so apologies- but i think it is easier for men [as its accepted that they often have more hobbies] and us women are nest builders, consequently i feel quilty spending money on myself rather than the home/kids.,

love your last quote and really believe it, the guilt does go very quickly couple months down the line when the amount is forgotten -just that i drive people mad until that time :dork2:

have made a decision-

as im in no rush yet for the housing im going wait for the Fix to come out then decide :eyebrow:

but if anyone has any comments re the canon or fix before then id appreciate hearing them ...thanks for your patience

james thats a much better reply than the one on the other forum [as you will see :wink: from that last forum yes, im surprised [very] that people actually like you........:mooner:

i do tend to over "science" and look into things far too much [but then that is me, i spend a lot of money on this hobby/diving but i do question it a lot before hand, so patience is most welcomed....please]

I stand by what I said, here and there (in the "other" forum). My tongue in cheek reply to your leakage question regarding the FIX stands. Your "girl" status :idk:, not sure that has a bearing on the decision process or my response to it.

Good luck with whatever you decide and hopefully enjoy using whatever that will be. Remember, you said this:

take it nemrod is a fan [altho his pics are great, but thats the camera/photographer not the housing??

I believe this thread was started as a place to post S90/S95 photos and has been sufficiently hijacked and run amok. I shall retire from it until I have new photos to post on it. Perhaps start another thread for camera shopping.

My wife, taken with FIX90:

IMG_0506.jpg

She is a "girl" and she agrees with me.

I might add, I think the biggest contributors to getting a good photos, one that the photographer is pleased with, is clear water and good light and an interesting subject. The camera could be a Kodak Brownie in a plastic bag (and has been).

N

Well, fix housing really is Mercedes-Benz, powerful, luxurious & well build.
But the price do turn me off, hence i opt for cheaper version with ikelite housing.
here is some of my recent shot from Tioman, Malaysia.

Wide angle
IMG_1016.jpg

IMG_1065.jpg

Macro
IMG_1124.jpg

more photo can be view from my picasa album. cheer ...

Warm water subjects with strobes are so gorgeous! Love your shots swee sin!

Ratfish. Very cold water. Constant light source (modifed HID)
Maybe not so gorgeous but they are cute in their own special way. And friendly too.
ratfish-0423.jpg

Mantababe

I didn't take my own advice and just ordered a SeaRec S95 housing from Yuzo Kanda at uwdigitalcamera.com/Naturephoto. He is reliable and ships quickly so I expect to have it in plenty of time for my Little Cayman trip on Nov. 12. I was happy enough with the Canon housing, but the FIZ/SeaRec/Seatool items are such a beautiful piece of gear that my lust for cool technology got the better of me. And as I am no longer young, having turned 60 this year, I believe this will be my last camera/housing purchase and I want something that will last as long as I do.

Mantababe

I didn't take my own advice and just ordered a SeaRec S95 housing from Yuzo Kanda at uwdigitalcamera.com/Naturephoto. He is reliable and ships quickly so I expect to have it in plenty of time for my Little Cayman trip on Nov. 12. I was happy enough with the Canon housing, but the FIZ/SeaRec/Seatool items are such a beautiful piece of gear that my lust for cool technology got the better of me. And as I am no longer young, having turned 60 this year, I believe this will be my last camera/housing purchase and I want something that will last as long as I do.

It's impossible to be disapointed by such a wonderful housing!!
I will be 60 next February , and hope that I will still spend money in buying housings and cameras and .. but for sure I will always keep the tiny S90 with his Seatool housing :):):)

Mantababe

be interested to hear how you get on with it, as it does look great and i do like the idea of using the back wheel rahter than the difficult to get at "S" button

Thank you.

They are a really friendly fish often content to glide along side of you or swarm all around at you at times. I've never seen a baby or a juvenile... come to think of it they all seem to be about 24".

The strangest part about them is that their huge eyes project a beam back out into the water when hit with a dive light.

Fishermen don't like them because the are considered a scrap fish, have huge rodent like teeth and a very long and sharp dorsal spine.

Thank you.

They are a really friendly fish often content to glide along side of you or swarm all around at you at times. I've never seen a baby or a juvenile... come to think of it they all seem to be about 24".

The strangest part about them is that their huge eyes project a beam back out into the water when hit with a dive light.

Fishermen don't like them because the are considered a scrap fish, have huge rodent like teeth and a very long and sharp dorsal spine.

So they are protected by mother nature , good new !!:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom