Show me your pics taken with your S90 or S95

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Soakedlontra, I really like the color on the first pic of the grunt scuplin using your dive light.

Thanks!

Now I am wondering if buying the strobe light was worth it after all! :shakehead:

Next time I am going to try to shoot with a white balance for tungsten light to see what happens! I have also just discovered that I can manually correct the white balance so next time I go diving with the camera I will mess with it!:wink:

I just ordered the S95. I'll decide what housing later after some research and if FIX comes out with one for the S95, all the better. You can hardly find the S90 any longer. Canon will likely stop support well before the camera is dead so, I bought the S95. Not that it will protect me from loss of support anytime in the future.

I just ordered the S95. I'll decide what housing later after some research and if FIX comes out with one for the S95, all the better. You can hardly find the S90 any longer. Canon will likely stop support well before the camera is dead so, I bought the S95. Not that it will protect me from loss of support anytime in the future.

I hope that your S95 comes with a better battery. The one for the S90 sucks!

I hope that your S95 comes with a better battery. The one for the S90 sucks!

I bought two batteries and a separate charger. Doesn't help when you are underwater though. The Olypus C-4000 that I have been using for about 8 years eats batteries, even more when you are underwater. Never figured that one out.

The Pink Tritonia is a large nudibranch max size 8" (22cm) that roams the sandy and silty bottoms of Puget Sound. As the name suggests isn't its color supposed to be pink?

I took this pictures using the white balance for tungsten light and the strobe then I corrected the colors with photoshop. Still the animal looks orange rather than pink!

PTritonia_TLPShop.jpg

I took this second image with an automatic white balance and the UK dive light. Here comes the pink!

PTritonia_UKLightP.jpg

but the sand is of a much cooler tone than it really was...

It seems to me that it is a never ending battle to get all the colors right! and what is 'right'?

The images that I have been taking with my S90, the automatic white balance and a Fantasea Remora flash with diffuser have a yellow cast. Yesterday I took some pictures of a White Lined Dirona with a white balance for tungsten light and it seems to me that it helped to reduce the amount of yellow:

WLDirona_TWB.jpg

the same image after color correction with photoshop and the sand doesn't look too bad:

WLDirona_TWB_PShop.jpg

and I took this one with the UK dive light and automatic white balance:

WLDirona_UKL.jpg

the sand is quite bluish, though.

I tried to use the cloudy and sunlight white balance but they did not make much of a difference.

I bought two batteries and a separate charger. Doesn't help when you are underwater though. The Olypus C-4000 that I have been using for about 8 years eats batteries, even more when you are underwater. Never figured that one out.

I have two batteries too but I also do two dives a day on week-ends and one dive on a week day. If I went on a scuba vacation I would take with me at least twice as many. :wink:

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom