Sidemount hose routing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used 1.5" faces but have now removed them in place of Shearwater transmitters

Damn straight, for the WIN! Another thing that people may not think about when you are talking transmitters on SM tanks is how nice and neatly you can tuck those tanks up. Tanks up, no SPGs flopping around anywhere, not contortions trying to read SPGs. Transmitter sidemount life is a GOOD life.

Tom, seeing hardcore cave guys like yourself starting to use AI is the 8th sign of the Apocalypse..,,,,but speaks volumes for Shearwater. Maybe come tax refund time I’ll spread my wings.

Tom, seeing hardcore cave guys like yourself starting to use AI is the 8th sign of the Apocalypse..,,,,but speaks volumes for Shearwater. Maybe come tax refund time I’ll spread my wings.

I'd beg to differ on hardcore cave guys, but thank you. It is the first time that we have not had to compromise on the computer itself in order to gain the functionality of AI though. It is a wonderful thing

I used 1.5" faces but have now removed them in place of Shearwater transmitters
Cool thanks. Same port or which? Im currently building a sm kit. Turret 1st stages with 2nd stage on it, inflator out top/bottom port. I have a Shearwater perdix/transmitter I run with an spg when backmountung. So you are confident enough to delete ur spg’s? Maybe I will just grab another transmitter and do the same. If it works for you im in. I enjoy reading all your comments on here. You seem the most knowledgeable imho. Much respect. Thanks for your time.

@Kazeone
same port, SPG's down

I don't use SPG's when using transmitters, cave diving, deep diving, whatever. Many others are going to the same setup and it is quite liberating. Expensive, but liberating. SPG's are always in the save a dive kit though, just in case

@Kazeone
same port, SPG's down

I don't use SPG's when using transmitters, cave diving, deep diving, whatever. Many others are going to the same setup and it is quite liberating. Expensive, but liberating. SPG's are always in the save a dive kit though, just in case

Yea, the cost does seem pretty steep. I really want to make the jump I into AI, but I really want 4. Two for the CCR Nerd2, and set for my sidemount regs. I hate to do major gear swap changeovers so unless there is a reliable way to as QC/DC fitting, I have to pony up for 4 when I make then plunge to AI

@Caveeagle
to each their own. I don't use transmitters on my small bottles for CCR, they're on my bailout bottles. Since I have a rack, those are pretty much standard doubles regs *addition of a hose on the left post for ADV*, but for most those are sidemount regulators for bailout. I swap mine over since it's very fast and easy, but that's personal preference.

Yea, the cost does seem pretty steep. I really want to make the jump I into AI, but I really want 4. Two for the CCR Nerd2, and set for my sidemount regs. I hate to do major gear swap changeovers so unless there is a reliable way to as QC/DC fitting, I have to pony up for 4 when I make then plunge to AI

As transmitters are only hand tight, you can easily swap them around from reg to reg. You just need to make sure you keep up with with one is which one. T1 for me is my left bottle and T2 is my right bottle in sidemount.

IMG_1518.jpg

@Kazeone
same port, SPG's down

Are they both grey SW tx’s. I was looking to add the yellow tx and noticed SW put out a voluntary recall back in November due to it having the same frequency as the gray ones. Wasn’t sure if that’s been resolved yet. Anyhow thanks again. It seems like the best configuration. Not sure why some people put their tx’s on a hose under the reg band. Like you said just into the 1st down. Easy. Nice.

Ma
As transmitters are only hand tight, you can easily swap them around from reg to reg. You just need to make sure you keep up with with one is which one. T1 for me is my left bottle and T2 is my right bottle in sidemount.

View attachment 502480
makes sense. Just like on the screen. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom