Sidemount reg options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

just so you know we are converting d6 and hog regs with oem parts to a left side feed (just like hog used to ) with trade of your parts ....PM me

I like the idea of being able to reverse the hose routing, particularly because I haven't yet ironed out my kit and haven't properly tested behind the head hose routing versus regs straight up and down to decide what I like better. I know the Apeks XTX50's can do this, as can the Scubapro G260's.
A reversible second stage is a great resource for advanced configurations...

Thanks for all the input people. After much deliberation I've decided to go with the Apeks DST with 5th port and rotating turret for the first stages and the XTX50 for second stages. Since these are well established and have a good following in this configuration I think it's the right choice for me. Also, they were priced better than the Scubapro alternatives.
Now I've got to get hose lengths sorted and customise!

Thanks for all the input people. After much deliberation I've decided to go with the Apeks DST with 5th port and rotating turret for the first stages and the XTX50 for second stages. Since these are well established and have a good following in this configuration I think it's the right choice for me. Also, they were priced better than the Scubapro alternatives.
Now I've got to get hose lengths sorted and customise!
That's a great choice.

Basically any reg with a 5th port and a swivel turret will do the trick. You'll be happy with your decision.

Do you dive the XDeep? If so how long is your BCD inflator hose?
While your question wasn't directed at me, the hose from my inflator is connected on the 5th port and is only 6 inches.

While your question wasn't directed at me, the hose from my inflator is connected on the 5th port and is only 6 inches.

Mine is the same length using an XDeep Stealth Tec 2.0 and running off the 5th port.

I don't know how you guys get a 6" hose connected to the inflator. Apeks has 8" as standard, SPG hoses are 6.

Back
Top Bottom